In Spring/Summer the shade of our skin gets one or several shades darker and obviously most of us like to change the colour of the makeup and nail polishes that we use to brighter and usually warmer shades.
So today I want to tell you about the perfect highlighter for this season. As you probably already know, I love BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector and it has to be my favourite highlighter for when I have a fair complexion. I also love my Benefit High Beam but today I will tell you about one more highlighter that I really like.
And I am talking about Rouge Bunny Rouge Highlighting Liquid Seas of Illumination.
There are four shades and I though I would include the descriptions of them all.
- Sea Of Clouds -“Moonlight on the water” luminous effect – Perfect for making any skin tone and colour looking brighter and fresher
- Sea Of Tranquillity – Palest milky opalescence, with super fine pink, white and gold pearls, luminous effect – Perfect for enlivening tired looking skin and all skin tones
- Sea Of Showers – Honeyed white-gold with a luminous effect – Use all year round for golden tawny gorgeousness or to enliven pale blue winter tones
- Sea Of Nectar – Gold-in-rose to give a pale copper luminous effect, stunning – To warm and uplift cool skin
I have the shade which is called Sea Of Showers which looks really great on a tanned skin tone, it gives a beautiful warm glow to the skin. I like the texture which blends into the skin and makes it look polished and luminous without any shimmer, greasiness or too much shine.
This is a
Do you remember the preview of the gorgeous and a very limited edition Byzance palette by Chanel?
So here is the photo of the products that will come as a part of the mini collection which should be available in June.
There will be two variations of Joues Contraste in Or and Rouge, a red shade of the new lipstick formulation Rouge Allure Velvet and an Les 4 Ombres eye shadow palette which I really love.
First of all I want to say that I am leaving for a week so I will answer all the comments and e-mails when I am back. But don’t worry, you won’t even notice as I’ve scheduled posts for the week ahead.
And now I just wanted to share two videos that I hope you will find interesting. The first one is from Chanel Cruise backstage.
By the way, Peter Phillips used the new foundation which is called Perfection Lumiere Long-Wear Flawless Fluid Makeup SPF 10 on the models and the eye shadows from the Fall 2011 collections which are called The Eyes Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow in Prélude.
And the other video that I want to share is from Illamasqua and it’s about their Skin Sketching
Here is the list of products that I would like to get for myself to try. I also have a list of products that I want to get to use on others so I will probably post that soon.
I am always curious to see such lists of others so hopefully you will like to see mine.
- First of all I want to find a perfect foundation or better a Tinted Moisturizer for myself. So far my favourite foundation has to be Max Factor Second Skin. There are several TM that I want to try, you can see some of them here.
- BECCA Lip & Cheek Crème, £24 not sure about the shades, it’s just a BECCA product I haven’t tired yet.
- Benefit Posie Tint, £24.50 I can’t believe that I haven’t tried it yet. I wrote about Bene Tint and just ordered ChaCha this week.
- Make Up For Ever Make Up For Ever HD Cream Blush, £21.75
- Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge For Lips And Cheeks, £ 17
I am not sure about the shades of the last three products, just want something new.
- Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Glossy Balm Crystal Color, can’t wait to try these, £21
- Jemma Kidd Hi-Shine Silk Touch Lip Gloss in Moonstone, £14
- Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lipgloss in
Finally I have written my second post for the Make Up Geek. This time it is about my favourite non-powder blushes for Spring season. It was very hard to choose my favourite but I’ve managed to choose seven from different price categories.
So here is the article with a review and a swatch on each of them.
Although I have tried quite a few there are so many that I still want to try, I will share my wish list (pretty much everything I haven’t tried) with you some other day. If you have a holy grail cream/liquid/mousse/gel blush please share!