Rave: Satin Primer by Illamasqua. Review and Photos
I am sure that now you all know that I am a big fan of Illamasqua. But did you know that their Satin Primer(£19) and Under-Eye Concealer(£12.50) were nominated for Miracle Make-Up Awards?
I have the Satin Primer and today I will review it. I also wanted to get the Under-Eye Concealer but my shade (UC135) is out of stock right now. And if a certain product is out of stock this can be for a long time.
But back to Satin Primer (£19)
This is what is written about it:
An artist always prepares their canvas. Use under foundation or on its own for a smooth, even base that is protected from the elements. Containing UVA and UVB filters, Illamasqua Satin Primer lifts and highlights the face, creating a stunning dewy effect to enhance the siren within.
And now my thoughts!
I have a very dry skin and almost every foundation looks horrible on me if I don’t use a moisturizer before. But even this doesn’t give me a guarantee that I will have a flawless makeup. Now everything is different with this Primer. I have it since December and I am very happy with it. Here are only some reasons why:
- It has SPF 20 so it protects your skin
- The skin looks healthy and feels moisturized. It gives the most amazing dewy finish which looks super sexy!
- It is easy to apply foundation and concealer.
- I don’t have a feeling of a mask on my face or that I have many layers on ( because sometime you can if you use primer-foundation-concealer-powder)
- You can use it on its own without a foundation (just with concealer where you need) and you will get a perfect fresh skin for Spring!
- Now this is my must have! It’s the kind of product that you can’t live without once you try it 😉
I really wanted to make a photo of the effect that Primer gives to my skin but the camera just could not show it the prorep way.
I would highly recommend this Primer if you have dry or normal skin! I don’t think that it would look nice on oily skin (maybe I am wrong), I guess you should try Matt Primer in this case.
And do you think that primer is something essential? Which one do you like? I hope you find this review useful and now want to try this product 🙂
PS. I was super excited to see my enty for the Hottest Nail Competition on the Illamasqua Blog!