I’ve wanted to get some Bourjois eye liners for quite a long time and this week I’ve finally managed to do it! There were so many different types and colours that I just had to get 2 of them.
And one of them was Bourjois Effet Smoky Eye Pencil.
Here is what they say:
“Double-tipped eyeliner to smudge for a perfect every day smoky look! A smoky look available in 5 deep and intense shades achievable in 2 simple steps: 1) Outline the eye with the pencil 2) Smudge with the brush Its soft, easy-to-blend tip glides along the lashline for an intense outline in one stroke. Its ultra soft brush made of natural bristles perfectly smudges the formula. The result: a subtle but incredibly sexy smoky look in just 2 steps!”
There are 5 shades available:
(description of shades are mine obviosly)
- 71 Smoked Brown – the most beautiful dark chocolate brown with shimmer, it reminds me of my HG Benefit shadows only a bit darker.
- 72 Dark Purple – gorgeous dark purple with shimmer, it looks amazing in the sunlight.
- 73 Deep Green – Deep Teal would be a better name for this shade, it’s a deep teal with blue/green undertones, amazing when blended.
- 74 Grey Shadow – quite a dark grey, the most shimmery shade out of all 5.
- 75 Intense Black – intense matte black.
I have to say that I loved all the colours a lot but I had to calm down and pick one so I’ve got #73 in Deep Green because that’s the most unique shade out of all (in my opinion). But this doesn’t mean that I won’t get more shades 😉
So what are my thoughts about the product?
- These pencils are absolutely perfect! Especially, considering their price tag which is £4.99!
- The pigmentation is amazing, but you can see it from the swatches. You only need a tiny amount of product for an intense line.
- The shades are very beautiful and I love them all.
- I’ve swatched these pencils in the store when I was choosing a shade and I didn’t take them off on purpose just to see how long they will be on my hand. And, can you imagine, they didn’t move until I took them off before the bedtime!
- The liners are so creamy so it’s a pleasure to work with them.
- The shades look amazing after you’ve blended them. I have to say that the brush is quite nice and it’s easy to blend the product with it.
As you can see, I am very impressed with Bourjois Effet Smoky Pencil and I would recommend you trying those. You get a high quality products for an affordable price. I only wish they had more shades, but who knows, maybe in the future!