Recipe Of The Month. June 2014: Toasted Rye Bread with Cinnamon Honey Butter
In May the Recipe Of The Month was spinach and cottage cheese pie, and this month I’d like to share a super simple but extremely delicious breakfast recipe from James Duigan’s Clean and Lean book.
Toasted Rye Bread with Cinnamon Honey Butter; you could already see this pic on my Instagram
Ingredients (for two serves):
- 100g raw organic unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 handfuls of almonds
- Beat together the butter, honey, and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Chill in the refrigerator until set.
- Toast the rye bread and spread with the cinnamon butter. Scatter with the almonds and serve.
With hot black tea (although James would not approve, but it’s my favourite) – it’s the best breakfast ever.
As for Cook Books, I am super excited that Sasha Wilkins from Liberty London Girl is launching her first cook book, already added it to my wish list.