Tag: best beauty
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
Here are the beauty products I have been loving this month. There are not that many but all of them, I really enjoyed. And, yes, I still love all of the items I’ve mentioned in the previous months.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Glassy Gloss Sweet Excess (review and swatches)
I have been obsessed with these glosses lately, they feel really moisturizing on the lips, and give that gorgeous shimmering effect, RAHAT LOKUM (Ppale milky pink with medium-heavy mother of pearl effect micro-shimmer) and RASPBERRY MERINGUE (pale pink with very soft mother of pearl micro-shimmer – this shade doesn’t yield a strong colour, but it makes lips naturally pretty) are always in my handbag. This is pretty much everything I’ve used on my lips in April.
theBalm Meet Matt(e) Trimony (shown here)
This was a present from my friend, as she was clearing her collection and decided to pass it on. And I did not expect to like this one as much, as I do because most shades did not look like something I would wear. While I do not wear all of the shades, I really love the ones I do, they are
Two months of 2017 are down, wow, how did it happen? But this means that it is time for monthly favourites.
To be honest, I loved/used pretty much the same products as in January, and there are very few additions.
Also, this month most of the the products I have been loving are very
cheap affordable. Let’s take a look.
I have started using my lip liners more often – especially the ArtDeco Soft Lip Liner Waterproof in 80 (review and swatches) and Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Lip Lipner in East End Snob (review and swatches). I actually want to get the Rimmel one in red now, too. I don’t really overdraw my lips like there is no tomorrow, I mainly use them to create the shape I want, and make the lipstick look more defined. But if you want to create fuller lips – this video from Lisa Eldridge is pretty awesome.
The other cheap and cheerful product I loved is the Makeup Revolution Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Redemption Palette Iconic 3 (you can get it from Amazon UK or Amazon) which, according to all the reviews is a dupe for Urban Decay’s Naked 3. I have so many Urban Decay palettes which I have been buying over the years, but for some reason I barely ever use them, however I have been reaching for this Revolution one all the time. There are several shades I really love, and the quality is very decent, in my opinion. This palette was a present from a friend.
It’s not a secret that my favourite affordable skincare brand is
I remember when I have just launched Makeup4all [almost] 8 years ago now, I would check the analytics every day, sometimes even more than once. As Metallica’s song goes “Sad But True”. But lately I check the analytics maybe once a month just to see what features you loved the most to make some conclusions for the upcoming posts.
And here are actually 16 most viewed posts of 2016, and I have included only the features about the products that are still available. I was actually surprised to see the most popular review of 2016 was of a Rouge Bunny Rouge eye pencil. They have recently launched a new shade, so I better write up about it soon.
I was also a bit surprised to see that Max Factor reviews got a ridiculous amount of views, and I really did not expect that. But, to be honest, I am happy, as I have a very special love for Max Factor, not only it was the brand I used to buy as a teenager with my first earned money but also, it was the first brand I have ever worked with for Makeup4all, not to mention the history of the brand, so I am happy that the reviews of their products get so many views, I genuinely love so many of them.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Eyes Wide Open Brightening Liner Duo (review and swatches)
Max Factor Creme Puff Blushes Review and Swatches (review and swatches)
Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (review and swatches)
Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in 725 Simply Nude (review and swatches)
Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers (review and swatches)