Tag: Essie nail polish
I don’t know what is going on with me but I am very into glitter and sequins lately. You may have seem my jumper if you follow me on Instagram. And trust me, it is a big deal that I am wearing something like this, pretty much all my friends had to make jokes about it, even my parents were surprised when I saw them the other day.
“I have never seen you in sequins, like ever,” Mum was shocked.
“She is just old now,” Dad replied. My Father just likes to tease me whenever he can.
But why all those talks? I just want to share the sparkling nail polishes which are new for this season which caught my eye. And these are not all the options, just the ones I like.
That kit looks pretty cool with a neutral, black and two glittery shades, you can create as many designs as you can think of.
YSL Sparkle Clash La Laque, $28 from Neman Marcus
Two shades 78 Gold Clash and 79 Silver Clash which are a part of their Christmas collection.
There is also this
Looks like it’s already a tradition to write about Essie and Orly together. So let’s preview the brands’ holiday collections today.
Interesting that this collection is all about different shades of pink and ruby, there is also an ivory and a molten gold.
- Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low, own the night and take center stage in shimmering style with this bold molten gold.
- Jump In My Jumpsuit, do the happy dance with this jubilant juicy red that’s very of the moment.
- Tuck in My Tux, tailored to perfection this silken ivory crème is devastatingly elegant and in total control.
- Double Breasted Jacket, an unstoppable passion for fashion gives this tourmaline ruby a luxurious advantage.
- Bump Up The Pumps, step out in this raucous coral mauve that will keep you warm all season.
- Back In The Limo, take a spin in this fresh take on a sheer bright ripe melon – and roll up in style.
This is a
I like that Essie offers such a great variety of shades for this Winter. Not the usual reds and golds but also blues coral and pinks.
I think the turquoise one is actually my favourite shade… I also love the blue one and the glitter red.
There are six shades:
- Leading Lady, a supreme deep red with glitter
- Butler Please, an indulgent bright blue
- Where’s My Chauffer, an
Here is a preview of Essie Fall 2011 nail polish collection which is called Carry On and which is already available at some on-line stores.
- Carry On – Merlot
- Glamour Purse – Nude
- Lady Like – Pink
- Case Study – Camel
- Very Structured – Tan
- Power Clutch – Khaki
I love Carry On of course. But am also interested to see how Glamour Purse and Case Study would look like on my nails.
The price depends on the shop you get it from but it’s usually around £10/$8.
I have nail polish on my toe nails almost all year round but summer is the time when everyone else can see it. And…comment on it. This is exactly what my friend, male-who-is-forty-years-old, did. I was actually shocked as he is the person who could not care less about my nail polish.
He: What’s with your nails?
Me: What is it?
He: Well, your manicure matches the dress (while it most certainly wasn’t). And what about the pedicure? Why is it red?
Me: Hmmm… Doesn’t red go with everything?
And do you match your madi and pedi? Do you go for one colour or just try to co-ordinate the shades? Or maybe you just could not care less and would easily wear acid green for your mani and matte pink for your pedi or whatever your choice would be?