Tag: favourite beauty
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
I have already posted the most viewed features of 2016 but here are, as promised, my personal favourite posts (narrowed it down to 16) that I’ve published in the last year. And it actually feels weird that it is almost the end of the first month of 2017, time flies!
It took me forever to go through all the features I have published last year, so I hope you enjoy. And do share the ones you’ve liked the best yourself.
1.Beauty Inspiration: Futuristic and Dystopian (here). I was very into this theme in 2016, and I still like it.
2. Current Hand Cream Obsessions: Soap & Glory and & Other Stories (here). I am a big fan of hand creams, and always love discovering new good ones.
3. Nail Of The Day: Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (here). My favourite nail polish ever, I am on my third bottle.
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania Review and Lip Swatches (here). Probably the most
Ok, I am finally doing it! Writing 2015 yearly favourites that is. The thing is when I started writing this post I’ve gathered so many products that I’d be going on, and on about them all. This is why here are 15 I loved the most. 15 since it was 2015, yes, I know…
If I had to choose only 1 product that would probably be Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 25 Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
Long-time readers know how much I love my blushers. And this year it was all about this one, I’ve barely used anything else. Creme Puff Blush gives that luminous glow that instantly brightens up the complexion. The formula is incredibly soft and smooth and blends into the skin beautifully. I have several shades but Alluring Rose is the love of my [beauty] love.
The other favourite is still my Trish McEvoy Golden Bronzer (review). As you can see from the photo above, it is very well loved. It warms up the complexion without looking orange or muddy. I like the hint of radiance it gives, too.
BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (review) is still the best glow-and-radiance-in-a-bottle product out there. I usually mix it with foundation to make my skin look “healthy”. This formula and shade = perfection.
If I had to pick only one “foundation” of the year – that’d be Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer (review and swatches), hands down. It is dry skin’s best friend. Clarins know how to
I think brands like Inglot and Kiko are taking the beauty world by storm. I mean what is not to like: huge selection of products, brilliant quality and affordable prices. Count me in! And while I’ve tried numerous products from Inglot over the years, somehow I just got my first Kiko product this summer only. But it is love...
I’ve decided to pick up their Long-Lasting Wet & Dry Use Eyeshadow to begin with, as it sounded and looked like something I’d enjoy using. There are 32 shades in general so it was a hard decision but I’ve managed to choose 202 Golden Mauve.
First of all, it looks absolutely gorgeous in the pan, you get a wavy pattern, and a handy lill’ mirror.
As for the shadows – the texture is great, it is buttery soft and very smooth, you can apply and blend it even with your finger.
When applied dry, the golden shimmer shows through more, especially when you gently pat it on – you get a
Finally, the craziest months work-wise are behind, and I will have more time for important things in life, like beauty (ha!), catching up on the series that I am watching, reading books, and my friends.
Here are the products I have been loving in July. And, although, I have mentioned some of them so many times, there are also some new additions.
Just like last month, I have been using Rouge Bunny Rouge Flawless Face Powder Precious Velvet (review) non-stop. It is a gorgeous light powder which sets the makeup, perfects the skin and looks really natural on.
Shadows wise, I am sure this won’t be a surprise at all to see Solstice Halcyon (review and swatches) yet again because I simply adore that eye shadow, and also Kiko’s Water Eye shadow in 202 which is a gorgeous brownish purple with golden shimmer, this beauty deserves a feature, so stay tuned.
For some reason, lately I haven’t been that much into red and berry lips, so it was about rosewood Clarins which I promise to post about soon, as it is a perfect nude, if you ask me, and L’Oreal Glam Shine in Dazzle 201 Sparkle Shower (review and lip swatches) which gives that oh-so-pretty sparkle in the sun and feels amazing on the lips.
Skincare and Body Care