Tag: favourite beauty
I did not write “monthly favourites” features recently, so I will try to combine my winter favourites in one post. But since I could go on, and on I will be very strict with myself and will only allow 10 things. Wish me luck!
Oh, and happy 1st of March! How is it Spring already?
In winter I really enjoyed trying new fragrances, reading about them, and listening to podcasts about perfumery. I especially loved these episodes about Jo Malone and Frederic Malle. I’ve acquired a few sample sets which let me try new scents. I had to move a few times in Autumn, and, unfortunately, lost my Turin/Sanchez perfume book (Amazon/Amazon UK) in the process, so will have to get a new, 2018 addition. I also really want these little samples of Frederic Malle and Margiela magical creations. And a bottle of Le Labo Rose 31 (as seen here).
2. My Reds.
Would this even be a favourites feature from me without mentioning red nail varnishes? My two loves this winter were CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer in Red-Y To Roll, a true long-lasting red, a gorgeous classic, and Givenchy Le Vernis in 06 Carmi Escaprin, a punchy fiery orange based red.
3. Skincare Routine ( on Insta).
I am cheating here a bit, and just mentioning a lot of products but they all are phenomenal. I really have to write detailed reviews on each. But, so far, I can say that I’ve used them all for months and can see incredible results. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser, Darphin Ideal Resource Light Re-Birth Overnight Cream, Anne Semonin Precious Serum, Lierac Mesolift Fatigue Correction Ultra Vitamin Enriched Refreshing Serum. I swear by each product!
4. Good Mascaras.
I love me a gel nail polish, and I envy those girls who can wear gels non stop but after having had them for a few months without a break I had to stop for a while, as my nails were getting weak and just flaky.
But I also do love a good ol’ red nail polish so don’t mind painting the nails myself occasionally. But since then I had to start getting into base/top coats/cuticle oil/ you name it. And I also had to purchase a nail varnish remover.
It escapes me why on earth I have never tried anything decent. I’ve always went for those cheap acetone based ones. But this time I’ve decided to try something milder, and
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
I have already posted the most viewed features of 2016 but here are, as promised, my personal favourite posts (narrowed it down to 16) that I’ve published in the last year. And it actually feels weird that it is almost the end of the first month of 2017, time flies!
It took me forever to go through all the features I have published last year, so I hope you enjoy. And do share the ones you’ve liked the best yourself.
1.Beauty Inspiration: Futuristic and Dystopian (here). I was very into this theme in 2016, and I still like it.
2. Current Hand Cream Obsessions: Soap & Glory and & Other Stories (here). I am a big fan of hand creams, and always love discovering new good ones.
3. Nail Of The Day: Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (here). My favourite nail polish ever, I am on my third bottle.
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania Review and Lip Swatches (here). Probably the most
Ok, I am finally doing it! Writing 2015 yearly favourites that is. The thing is when I started writing this post I’ve gathered so many products that I’d be going on, and on about them all. This is why here are 15 I loved the most. 15 since it was 2015, yes, I know…
If I had to choose only 1 product that would probably be Max Factor Creme Puff Blush in 25 Alluring Rose (review and swatches)
Long-time readers know how much I love my blushers. And this year it was all about this one, I’ve barely used anything else. Creme Puff Blush gives that luminous glow that instantly brightens up the complexion. The formula is incredibly soft and smooth and blends into the skin beautifully. I have several shades but Alluring Rose is the love of my [beauty] love.
The other favourite is still my Trish McEvoy Golden Bronzer (review). As you can see from the photo above, it is very well loved. It warms up the complexion without looking orange or muddy. I like the hint of radiance it gives, too.
BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (review) is still the best glow-and-radiance-in-a-bottle product out there. I usually mix it with foundation to make my skin look “healthy”. This formula and shade = perfection.
If I had to pick only one “foundation” of the year – that’d be Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer (review and swatches), hands down. It is dry skin’s best friend. Clarins know how to