Tag: luxury powder
Regular readers know that I am not a big powder user ( I have a lot of different powders in my kit; but this is the only one that I use on myself). But even I, with my very dry skin, like some powder on a hot and humid day. To a)make my makeup last longer b)mattify my T-zone a bit.
This is why today I want to tell you about my personal favourite powder which is Rouge Bunny Rouge Flawless Face Powder Precious Velvet.
I’ve had it for 2 years now, so I am not sure why it took me so long to write about it…
Why do I like it?
- It doesn’t enhance the dry patches on the skin that I may have and doesn’t dry out my skin.
- I don’t feel this powder on my face, it is very lightweight.
- The brand says that it melds with the skin, and I totally agree. It is not visible at all. You just get a perfected and flawless finish.
- I like the effect Precious Velvet gives, it mattifyes but doesn’t make your face look flat and life-less, you skin shows through.
- For me personally, the effect lasts all day, but if you very have oily skin, you may need a special matte powders. I haven’t tried it on anyone with such skintype so can’t make any comments. But on girls with normal skin it worked amazing, as well.
- As for the main ingredients, Rouge Bunny Rouge list the following: “Papaya Fruit Extract as a natural “face lift” and skin softener, plus Hyssop Extract with soothing properties. Rice Powder imparts a perfectly natural, non-shiny finish. “
Givenchy are bringing out two new products for complexion for this Fall. An with all the BB/CC theme going on, it’s nice to see a “classic” foundation in a beautiful packaging.
The new products are Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation and Long-Wearing Compact. The face of the line is a gorgeous Mariacarla Boscono.
Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation £32 / €44.50
“An exceptional combination of long-wearing performance, a comfortable texture and a perfectly transparent result.” Nicolas Degennes, Artistic Director Givenchy.
What is promised?
- Active ingredients with a strong affinity for the skin’s surface provide “magnetic” adherence, becoming one with the contours of the face while remaining supple. Made-to-measure coverage and an ultra-light texture for long-lasting hold.
- Soft-focus agents visually refine the skin’s texture and conceal imperfections.
- A hydro-magnetic complex moisturises and rebalances the skin cells day after day, helping them withstand everyday stress factors. And, for added protection, an SPF20 sunscreen.
Meteorites by Guerlain are already a cult product and don’t even need an introduction. In fact, this year Guerlain celebrate the 25th Birthday of their famous powders.
I was given the latest edition – MÉTÉORITES PERLES DU DRAGON (£37.50 / €48) from Guerlain’s Christmas collection to show you.
I really love the packaging, one of my favourite edition, you know how much I love black!
The shades are: “pale pink and beige to even out the complexion, white and gold to illuminate, plum and rosewood to brighten areas of shadow and erase fatigue.”
Meterorites give your skin a beautiful and healthy sheen, I have written about it here in details. Unfortunately, I don’t really have time to use them that often in the morning, as I am always in a hurry and this product should be used on a perfectly preped skin.
Here is how all the shades look like:
And here is every “pearl” separately. And, wow, I LOVE
I hope that you remember the post about Guerlain summer 2010 and the new meteorites. I don’t have them yet but I have all the meteorites that are available now from the regular line in mini version which I got in Duty Free for $90 last year. But I got mine in Asian Edition, not the regular one. They are the same but are without brush and with different design.
When I think about Guerlain the first thing that comes to my mind – Meteorites. It is also a products that every fan of makeup should have. But what is Meteorites anyway? Guerlain describes them the following way:
“Revolutionising powders in 1987, Guerlain captured Météorites pearls to suffuse the skin with pure light. This was the birth of Météorites, a magical powder in the form of pearls, an explosion of colours in a delightfully stylish and eye-catching case. A new way of applying make-up was born: the brush skims across the beads which glide over each other releasing a remarkably light powder. The alchemy of colours produces perfect results and each colour has a special function.”
This is how my Meteorites look like. And I apologize for the quality of the photos , I made them several months ago (yes, sometimes the photos wait for months till I find time to write a review) and wanted to make better photos but I realized that I don’t have the package anymore. Although some packages are too beautiful to throw them away I have to do it because I don’t even have enough place for makeup itself not talking about the packages.
This is how the design looks like: pastel blue, pink and white with golden oriental ornament. Blue is – 01 Mythic shade , Pink -02 Pink Fresh, White – 03 Beige Chic.
What are Meteorites for?!
The original 01 Mythic shade combines pink to give a healthy glow, green to diminish any redness, mauve to catch the light, white to brighten the complexion and gold and pearl to create highlights and to add radiance.
02 Pink Fresh: pink shades with a hint of apricot for an immediate healthy glow.
03 Beige Chic: a soft beige combination for a naturally even-looking complexion.
Don’t forget that you can take the pearls that you don’t like out to get the effect you want!
My opinion and photos of Meteorites
The size of original Meteorites is