The list of my favourite makeup products of 2012 was too long already for me to include nail products, too.So here is a separate one.
I’ve decided to be very strict with myself and choose only two nail polishes, one for SS and the other for AW as, otherwise, I would just go on, and on…
OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest
This is a gorgeous colours, when I saw the promo photo, I knew I had to get it. But when I saw the first swatches on-line, I’ve ordered it as soon as it was available. OPI have a lot of beautiful complex dark nail polishes and Every Month Is Oktoberfest is one of them. I wear mine a lot, in fact, I have it on as I type. See it on my nails here.
Illamasqua Nail Varnish in Nomad
And this was my favourite SS nail polish, such a perfect jade colour. There are a lot of variations of jade from different brands, but I think this is my favourite. Plus I am a big fan of Illamasqua’s nail varnishes. By the way, I had it on my toes during my summer holiday. And here is manicure with this shade.
As for other products, I have to mentionRead More
It’s not that often I see a beauty product and think to myself: ” I must have it!”. But when I saw swatches of OPI’s Every Month Is Oktoberfest, I knew that I had to get it.
I finally did get it in October and want to show it to you today.
OPI does fantastic and complex dark nail polishes and this one is not an exception. It is blackened reddish purple (does that even make sense?).
It looks fantastic on the nails, especially in the sun.
My friend’s two-years-old girl was mesmerized by it the other day She was actually very sad that her Mum does not let her paint her nails as she is “too small yet” (according to her).
On the photo above I am wearing only one coat on the nail polish.
I love the brush which is thin and wide, the formula and the colour. I have applied it two days ago and it looks great so far but OPI nail polishes do last on me for three-four days usually.
Every Month Is Oktoberfest is definitely in my personal TOP 3 nail polishes now!Read More
I am always loving all the OPI collections inspired the the countries and am always excited to see what country will inspire the next collection. The country for A/W is Germany and no one does the names as OPI, right?!
There are twelve shades as usual and they are:
- Don’t Pretzel My Buttons, a haute honey-beige that can always make you smile.
- My Very First Knockwurst …and what a magical rosy-nude rendezvous it was!
- Berlin There, Done That, a travelling taupe that’s seen it all. (Yep, that too)
- Don’t Talk Back to Me, there’s nothing mellow about this sassy lime-yellow.
- Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine!, a bodacious black-olive? We say “Ja! Ja! Ja!”
- Unfor-Greta-bly Blue, everyone’s favourite Fräulein loves
I just love those OPI collections which are inspired by countries. This Spring 2011 collection was inspired by Texas, one of my favourite States in the USA because I know a lot of ah-mazing people from there and in fact I’ve been friends with some people from Houston for as long as I remember myself, I even got this Texas pendant as a present.
But back to OPI collection…There are 12 nail polish shades with a very Texas names which I like.
- Don’t Mess With OPI – A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green
- Austin-Tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green
- It’s Totally Fort-Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you
- Do You Think I’m Tex-y? A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia
- Big Hair…Big Nails – A rosy pageant peach
- I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue
- Houston We Have A Purple – A galactic