Tag: red lipstick
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
I am the biggest fan of a red lipstick, and if there is anything better than a red [lipstick], that is one in a red packaging. And it looks like it is a mini trend for the Autumn, and it is something that has my 100% approval.
325 Rouge Kiss Guerlain (I actually have this shade in a regular packaging), Copacabana Lancome and Ultra Trouble Dior; Chanel is from previous collection
Let’s take a look.
Chanel Rouge Allure
First of all, if you’ve missed the red edition Rouge Allure last Christmas, fear not, there will be new ones this Christmas. They are not out yet but should be any week now. Chanel is available from Nordstorm, Saks, Neiman Marcus, Selfridges and Harrods.
GUERLAIN KissKiss Creamy Satin Finish Lipstick, $37 from Sephora
“Enriched with hyaluronic acid spheres, KissKiss creates a look of
Here is a preview of YSL’s Dazzling Nights makeup collection for Christmas 2017. It is actually all about the beautiful engraved packaging, and some of the products are from a permanent collection.
Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks (£28/$37) get a special edition cases. The shades available are: 1 Le Rouge,19 Le Fuchsia, 13 Le Orange, 52 Rouge Rose, 9 Rose Stiletto and 70 Le Nu. They all have a satin finish.
Two shades of La Laque Couture (£19.50/$28) nail varnishes in the classic Christmas hues: 91 Red Lights and
Seeing all those new and innovative lipstick formulas couldn’t make me happier, like this one from Givenchy, new releases from Hourglass and Too Faced seem to be very promising, too.
Hourglass Confession Ultra Slim Lipstick $34 and Refills for $22
“Delivers creamy, saturated, longwearing color with a satin finish without smudging or feathering, provides precise application.” Available in 30 shades.
These look so chic and sophisticated, Hourglass killed it yet again.
Too Faced Melted Latex Liquefied High Shine Lipstick, $21
It feels like I haven’t posted anything in “Want It” category for ages, but I have finally found something which has my name written all over it! And it is the new relaunched Rouge Interdit lipstick which is already available for $34 from Barneys.
Givenchy is the luxury brand which I personally find the most aesthetically pleasing when it comes to the design of their beauty products. I die for their packaging. I’d describe it is a luxury rock chic. And they have been killing it for the last several years.
I am still over the moon with my Le Rouge lipstick; I find the case it comes it to be