It seems like it’s now a tradition to show you what beauty and makeup products I take with me when I am away, just like in this post. So, since I am currently visiting my family, here is a quick update on what products I took with me.
To tell the truth, I barely wear any makeup these days but I did take quite a few products (and a lot of brushes) since people always ask me for a makeover.
I am very happy with the skincare that I’ve packed with me, including a lot of mini bottles which I am currently testing. I only wish I took more than three nail polishes, as my 5-years-old-cousin loves to borrow them
Speaking of my cousin, she insisted on inspecting my “treasures” as she described my makeup bag… When she saw the red lipstick I had, she told me that she had to put it on me, since it’d make me look gorgeous. What can I say? She does know beauty.
This month the lovely Gio from Beautiful With Brains asked me to pick my personal favourite red and a red for the beginners. To see my picks, and to read some of my tips – click here.
I am going to visit my family, and want toRead More
Bobbi Brown is launching 5 new shades of their Rich Lip Color, (£19/$25) which is a pigmented creamy lipstick which gives a full coverage but feel lightweight.
You can choose from:
- Cosmic Pink, a bright pink.
- Blazing Red, a bright orange red.
- Electric Violet, a vivid violet.
- Miami Pink, a bright pink coral.
- Taffeta, a pale lilac pink.
Cherry Tomato, Mimi Pink, Red Plum, Cosmic Pink, Spiced Wine, Electric Violet, Sunkissed Rose
Plus there areRead More
A lot of readers told me that they love reading personal posts, so here is one, for a change. This time it’s 10 random beauty facts about me, but next time I can write random facts about myself. I love reading those about people that I follow, so maybe that is something you’d like to read about me, too.
So, here we go
1. Recently I have been loving only red(ish) nail polishes, I even wrote a feature about it. Whenever I put on something else, it feels “wrong”. In fact, I am giving away some of my varnishes to one girl I know who is very into nail art.
2. Although I have tonnes of eye pencils and liners, 90% of the time I will use Lancome’s Le Crayon Khol in Brun Noir. For me – it is perfection.
3. I am
almost useless when it comes to hair styling. A good friend of mine is a hair stylist, and she showed me different ways to style my hair, and gave me so many tips. It looks so easy when she does it, but when I try – the results are not even close.
4. Most of the time I just wash my hair with a shampoo and use several drops of oil through the ends. Yes, I don’t like conditioners, and rarely use hair masks. When I am in the mood, I can use SachaJuan’s Ocen Mist, but then my (male) friends tell me that I need to brush it. Is it a myth that men like “I just got out of bed hair”? HmmmRead More
It’s the beginning of the New Year, and I personally love thinking about the things that happened in the past year, about the achievements and remarkable things. So here are 13 beauty and health/lifestyle points from the 2013.
1. I’ve finally learned how to control my makeup purchases, I already have so many products, so that I think twice now before buying yet another cool toned pink lipstick or red nail polish. How long will this new habit last?
2. Thanks to point no1, I now have some extra money to visit cosmetologist. I’ve found an amazing girl but the visits are not exactly the most affordable, but very worth it. By the way, I have been visiting dermatologist regularly already. But it is nice to get a facial or a nice face treatment from time to time, too.
3. I’ve bought more hair styling products than in any year, and even started using some of them on a regular basis. I even bought some hair tools. I need a good brush, any suggestions?
4. Perfumery. I can’t say that I was very interested, or, in fact, knew a lot about this subject. But in 2013 I’ve started reading more and more reviews and articles, especially about niche perfumery. That is fascinating, and I want toRead More