YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres Shadows in Bronze Gold Review and Swatches
Do you know why I am always waiting for the new collections? I hope to see the item that I want/need/MUST get for myself! I remember when I first saw YSL Fall 2010 makeup collection I instantly fell in love with the # 7 Bronze Gold Ombrés 5 Lumieres palette.
I was extremely happy when I got it. I should have written the review long time ago because it’s already time to talk about YSL 2010 fall collection. But it’s better late than never.
So what do I love so much about these shadows
Or should I say adore? 😉
- It’s a pure high-end item, everything about it is so elegant and luxury.
- I got these palette because of the colours, they are amazing!
Brown – beautiful golden brown shade
Yellow – shiny yellow
Highlighter – the most amazing shadows, shimmery golden shade ( I need a dupe)
Khaki – shimmery khaki shade
Eyeliner – matte brown shade, I use it for the bows sometime and also to line the eyes.
- I think these are quite unique shades for a high-end brands because there are not that many yellow shadows among luxury companies. I can think about shu uemura and Shiseido righ now.
- This palette is perfect for summer, especially if you have tanned skin.
- YSL is one of my fave makeup brands so the fact that it’s a palette from this brand made it even more special!
What I don’t like about it
- In some countries the price is insane, I got mine for ~ €60 (I don’t remember exactly) but I know that in some countries it is about $100 which is too much.
- You always leave a lot of fingerprints of the package but it’s not really important.
I don’t know what I was thinking about when I made the swatches because they are in a very strange order:Khaki, highlighter, yellow, bronze and eyeliner. Of course these are not the official names!
Would I recommend It?
I would although I understand that some of you may find it too expensive. But I am very happy that I got mine and I would get more shades of Ombrés 5 Lumieres but right now I don’t see any palette that I like as much as I like Bronze Gold.
And what do you think? Do you have favourite shadows from a high-end brand?