It’s that time again when I share my seasonal favourites. Here is a look at my Summer picks, in case you’ve missed it. And here is what I’ve been loving this Autumn.
- Victoria Beckham Beauty eye makeup as seen here. I’ve been looking forward to the launch of the VB Beauty line, and picked up the eye products the day they launched, and was not disappointed. I have a very detailed review (linked above) so won’t repeat myself. While I did not pick up anything else, I am excited to see what else Victoria is going to launch. There is definitely a foundation coming our way.
2. Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
3. Face Creams: Lierac Hydragenist Mousturizing Oxygenating Rich Cream and Lierac Weleda skinfood. Have been using Lierac creams religiously for the last several months, and have been enjoying the results. Here is my previous favourite from the brand. When it’s been cold, windy and rainy – I have been relying on the cult Skin Food (from Holland and Barrett), and it did deliver. Now I am tempted to get Skin Food Body Butter.
4. Hair Products: Lush I love Juicy Shampoo and Wet Brush. My hair was never tangly, until recently so I’ve decided to try the Wet Brush I’ve heard so much about. And it did work, no knots at all! I am very impressed, and it is also very affordable. You can pick it up for under £12 from Cult Beauty or try your local TK Maxx, as I did. The Lush shampoo left my hair super shiny, glossy and very clean. I also loved the fruity scent.
5. Eve Lom Kiss Mix, (£16 from Cult Beauty) one of my favourite lip balms. I love the slightly tingling minty sensation and the glassy effect it creates. On my second tube.
6. The Body Shop Hemp hand cream, I am very picky when it comes to hand creams, especially in winter. And this one is truly brilliant, it keeps the skin soft and moisturised even when it’s very cold outside. Another bonus is that it is purse friendly, and won’t cost a fortune.
7.Elemental Herbology Watermelon and Cucumber Body Moisturiser. (from Feel Unique) I really love EH, as a brand but never tried their body products (only face ones) so was very curious about this one, as watermelon and cucumber sounded intriguing. And it is absolutely lovely: beautiful texture, uplifting but not overwhelming scent, and a great effect on the skin.
8. Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Sleep Spray(£28 from John Lewis) It’s not s secret that I am the biggest fan of the Deep Relax oil so when the brand launched this sleep spray, I had to have it. It is as lovely, as you think it is. While being pricey, as you’d expect, it is a great “treat myself” product. I love spraying it on my pillow before bed, so blissful. Just be prepared that it won’t last you a long time (at least if you spray as much, as I do).
Favourite series is, obviously, the Crown Season 3. If you follow me on Twitter, you could already read that it took me a while to get into the new actors but, other that that, it is brilliant, as usual. I enjoy it a lot. So many great episodes, I did not want it to end, and am eagerly looking forward to season 4 now.
I’ve also started watching Call The Midwife (Amazon) finally, and finished 2 seasons. However, there are still a lot to go.
I have been enjoying cooking, and going to home lunches and dinners hosted by friends.
And, finally, some of the books I’ve finished in Autumn here.