Regular readers probably know that I am a big fan of Aromatherapy Associates , and their Deep Relax candle is in my top 3 which is why I am happy to share about their newest candle. Especially considering that it supports a very good cause! 10% of proceeds will be donated to the charity, Defence Against Cancer.
- ” Evoke a sense of calm and inner peace to your surroundings with the fortifying combination of frankincense and cardamom to inspire. “
This candle was created by AA founder Geraldine during her lowest ebb amidst treatment for cancer. Actually Aromatherapy associates is the brand that
Regular readers probably noticed that now I publish only one feature per day, instead of two, as I always did. The thing is that I am very busy until the beginning of July. I have several major deadlines, and, unfortunately, can’t post as much as I’d love to. There may be some days without any features at all, so please bare with me.
I did not want to disappear without explaining…
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
Regular readers will probably know that a good hand cream is a must have for me. If I could have only one beauty product with me in my bag, that’d be it (and a lip balm, if I can have two).
I have very dry skin, especially on the hands, and I love to re-apply the cream whenever I need to do it
or feel like doing it.
This is why I’ve decided to share my personal top 5 hand creams. Unfortunately, most of them are not cheap but I, personally, am ready to pay for the quality.
Elemis Pro-Radiance Hand Cream (review)
It is probably my favourite hand cream ever, it instantly makes the skin feel moisturized and smooth, such a relief, especially in the cold(er) months. Plus I could totally tell that my nails were in much better condition when I was using it.
The price is £24 from Feel Unique
Aromatherapy Associates Renewing Rose Hand Cream (review)
Another favourite of mine, this
Recently so many people have been raving about the Aromatherapy Associates so I just had to put this set on my wish list. It’s an amazing way to try a lot of products from the brand.
Aromatherapy Associates Ultimate Bath and Shower Oil Collection, 7.5 ml each oil, £49.50/€ 58.59
- Deep Relax: Vetivert, Camomile & Sandalwood,
- Light Relax: Ylang Ylang, Lavender & Petitgrain,
- De-Stress Mind: Wild Camomile, Petitgrain & Frankincense,
- De-Stress Muscle: Lavender, Rosemary & Ginger,
- Revive Morning: Pink Grapefruit, Rosemary & Juniper Berry,
- Revive Evening: Geranium, Patchouli & Ylang Ylang,
- Support Breathe: Eucalyptus, Pine & Tea Tree,
- Support Lavender & Peppermint: Self explanatory,
- Support Equilibrium: Geranium, Frankincense & Rose.
I can imagine how much I would love these as I LOVE taking a bath with a divine scent of some oil or melt after a long busy day. Too bad this set is an LE but they have a smaller set (in white box) which is permanent.