In the ever-changing makeup world with all the new launches and re-launches, it is good to have some stability. Something like a product from the 80s which is still on the market today.
And I am talking about Chanel’s Joues Contraste blush here. It is a true icon! For me personally, it is still the ultimate luxurious blush, and I have real sentiments attached to it. That is because JC was one of the first luxury makeup items I’ve ever bought many years ago.
In fact, I have a feature from 2010 where I talk about one of the shades I have.
It’s just mad how the things in the beauty industry have changed with everyone and their nan launching a brand and the prices sky rocketing (£63 Hermes blush, anyone?)
On the contrary to all of the above, it’s great to see some consistency from Chanel. Of course, they
The new Chanel makeup collection Travel Diary was inspired by the brand’s Creative Director Lucia Pica’s California trip. Over at her Instagram Lucia shares beautiful photos which capture the objects that inspired the products.
The star of the collection is Palette Essentielle (conceal/highlight/colour), $60 in 150 Beige Claire.
Le Vernis, Longwear Nail Colour, $28
- 576 Horizon Line, LE
- 578 New Dawn
Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour, $37
- 747 Daylight, LE
- 472 Experimental
Rouge Allure Ink, Matte
I love blush! This may be the most exciting makeup product for me, my
beauty life was forever changed when I discovered it and I never looked back.
It seems like I always have blushers on my wish list, so here are top four that I plan to get at some point in the near future. I could also add Illamasqua’s Velvet Blusher in Peaked and theBalm’s Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush, too.
So, let’s take a look at my wish list, shall we?
I can’t believe that I still haven’t got a Bourjois blusher. I think I’d go for the shade No3 (other shades). That’s a great thing that high street brands are now releasing cream blushers, too. I hope these are as good, as my favourites from Max Factor.
Stila Convertible Colour
Convertible Colors been
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
I haven’t posted about my new beauty and makeup purchases in a while, although I did feature them on Instargam, so here is a round-up.
Let’s start with beauty, I’ve actually got three products from Kiehl’s.
Original Musk Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser which I’ve got after reading all the raves from Sandra, and for some reason I was expecting a more intense scent but I still like it.
I’ve also decided to finally try the hyped up concentrates – Midnight Recovery Concentrate and Morning Reviving Concentrate. I will definitely write detailed reviews later on, but so far I can say that on my very dry skin I can’t use them on their own, as I often do with serums/oils, I have to use a cream on top.
Finally, beauty wise, although I did not buy this product myself, and it was a gift from a friend, I’ve decided to mention it, as it is such a cool one – Tromborg Aromatherapy Body Oil Lavender Rose Tree (which I have already included in my favourites). From the motto ‘Scandinavian mood’ to luxurious packaging, nice formula and divine scent – it is as good as it gets.
As for makeup, it was all about Chanel, YSL, Smith & Cult and