Nothing says Christmas and holidays quite like the sequined/shimmering red lipstick so I’ve picked up a few new releases. Both sparkling reds and sequined packaging.
Lipsticks inspired by the cult Studio 54, long lasting, creamy texture, matte finish and sparkling packaging.
Pearl-infused sparkling lipstick, sparkling effect and no grit. The shade featured is Carnelian. There are 2 more.
Bobbi Brown Luxe Jewel Lipstick in Ruby Slipper, £28 from Liberty
Full-coverage, pearl-infused sparkling finish lipstick. This
I like to make lists of the things that I need/want for a few reasons, mostly not to get
crap items I do not need, and also to keep an eye on the discounts/sales of the things which I plan on getting.
Last time I’ve posted my wish list in the beginning of July, and I did get the products from the list. So let’s do it again. Only this time, it is not just beauty but more of a lifestyle wish list. And I’ve been strict with myself and only included the things I truly want.
- Aquis Hair Turban Lisse Luxe, ( I like Desert Rose), £30 from Space NK and Look Fantastic. I’ve been resisting this for a few years (yes, really) but after reading how it is life changing, and how it helps to keep the hair in place and dries it quicker, I would really love one. It should also last for years so I am willing to give it a go, considering how much I hate having a big towel around my hair. I’d also wouldn’t say no to Larry King volumising hair spray.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Classico Mascara, Black, £24 from John Lewis Giorgio Armani Maestro Eye Liner, 01, £24.80. Mascara and eye liner and probably the most important makeup items for me, so I choose them very carefully. Unfortunately, high street brands don’t quite give me the results I am after, so I’d rather invest and enjoy the high quality performance.
- Luxury Pink Lip Gloss. Pink gloss is my “everyday nude”. I’ve used up a few of my favourites so would love to get a replacement. And I am thinking something very special like Chantecaille Love £29 from Space NK/ Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss £38 from Harrods or byTerry from Cult Beauty. Yes, it is not necessary to spend that much on a lip gloss but I barely buy makeup these days.
There are so many new lipsticks out for Spring, as usual, that I have decided to feature 5 that look the most exciting, in my opinion.
First of all, it’s all about the Rouge Hermés, available from March. It seems like lipstick is the way to start in makeup, Tom Ford did the same, and look at the brand now. And it all makes sense, it is so much easier to buy a lipstick rather than a handbag, that way most of us can get our own piece of luxury. And it’s not a secret that beauty gives the highest revenue for high-end brands, no wonder they all are launching beauty and makeup.
WSJ; image credit
As for Hermés, each lipstick will retail for $67, with a for a $42 refill, there will be 24 shades to begin with. The gorgeous and unique design was created by Pierre Hardy, according to WSJ.
I have to say that I am seriously in love with the new Chantecaille Spring 2015 collection. I like everything Nordic inspired, and this Glacier palette and two glosses look phenomenal.
The Glacier Eye Shade Trio $70/£62
- Polar Light (delicate light taupe with a matte finish)
- Iceberg (icy white shade with light reflecting gold pearl)
- Arctic Dusk (warm lilac gray)
5% of proceeds from each Glacier Eye Shade Trio sold will be proudly donated to the Extreme Ice Survey, an innovative photography project aimed at educating global citizens about the impact of climate change on the world.
Galactic Lip Shine Healing Lip Gloss $34/£27
It is a hybrid of a balm and a a gloss.
- Polaris, it reminds me of my beloved discontinued KissKiss Guerlain gloss.
As for byTerry there are new
The second biggest thing for SS15, after contouring (I have featured tonnes of products here) is definitely eye brows!
And while contouring may not be that necessary – groomed eye brows is a must! Luckily, most brands do at least some kind of products these days, so you get to pick from premium offerings to budget-friendly options.
Here are some of the newest releases:
Lancome Sourcil Tint Longwear Eyebrow Pen ($26 from Nordstrom)
A felt-tip pen with matte finish. Available in Blond, Brun, Chatain and Noir.