There are always new foundations out for Spring, and SS19 is not an exception, there are at least 10 new launches I can think of, on top of my head. So I’ve decided to choose a few different ones just to give you an idea of what is coming out. All foundations are available in many different colours, except Chanel.
I haven’t tried any of these so I am providing the official descriptions.
Guerlain L’ESSENTIEL NATURAL GLOW FOUNDATION 16H WEAR
“Naturalness & make-up performance come together for the first time at Guerlain. A foundation made with 97% naturally-derived ingredients with a natural glow finish that lasts for 16 hours. The complexion is perfect, luminous and fresh. The comfortable texture becomes one with the skin, making it ideal for buildable coverage (light to medium)”
Not sure what I think of the quirky bottle but it definitely stands out, and the foundation sounds like something I personally would love.
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation (£56/$51)
“Weightless, instant full coverage is delivered through the formula’s innovative coated pigments – allowing for seamless application and long-wearing,second-skin adherence. A natural finish is delivered through light-refracting microspheres, blurring and
Here is part two of the new lipstick launches for AW16, and this time it is all about YSL, Dior and Shiseido. Let’s take a look!
“High coverage liquid lip colour with ultimate shine, comfort, and all day-wear. Vinyl Cream dresses lips in full coverage color and high-impact vinyl shine. The creamy formula provides 10 hour wear.”
Available in 12 shades. Shown is Burgundy Vibes
Reformulated cult classic lipstick which comes in tonnes of
Matte lipsticks are not going anywhere, in fact they are getting hotter than ever. Here is a selection of the newest releases! And these are only some of them – stay tuned for more.
“Lip stain with an ultra-matte, high impact colour and a lightweight, naked-lip feel”. You get a matte tattoo-like effect and stays on for up to 8 hours. The liner-like applicator allows a precision outlining and filling.
The shade shown is 12 Red Tribe (rich true red)
PAT MCGRATH LABS MatteTrance Lipstick ( $38 from Sephora).
“A richly pigmented lipstick that adorns lips in a lightweight veil of opaque colour for a modern, matte finish”. The formula is promised to be hydrating, creamy and
So here are some posts that I liked this week.
Fabulous looks for Halloween from a very talented bloger. I love all her looks – Makeup your Jangsara. The image above is also from Jangsara blog.
Awesome video about the best drugstore makeup – Alpha Blonde (or Brunette now?;)
Beauty book from Alex Box creator of Illamasqua cosmetics – British Beauty Blogger has the details
Enter the Breast Cancer Awareness contest – Brilliant Brunette
Looking for a Young Punk Dupe? – Magimania has the answer
How are you all doing? I am a bit better. Thank you again for all your sweet comments! xo
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are