I have already posted a few “nails of the day” recently, and here is a brand new one, featuring one of my favourite nail polish formula – Essie Gel Couture (now on offer at Boots for £6.66 only).
In fact, it’s a firm favourite of a lot of people, and rightly so. It’s a gel-at-home-kinda formula. It gives you a long lasting effect, without the pain of taking it off the gel polish style. Obviously, it won’t last for weeks like the “real” gel nail polish but way longer than most regular varnishes.
I have two shades: Rock the Runway which is a beautiful classic red and Spiked With Style a vampy beauty. To be honest,
Here is a preview of several nail polish collections for Spring 2014, lots of pastels, and not only!
Gorgeous promo photo from Deborah Lippmann, it really is very spring inspired with all the flowers and soft shades.
Blue Orchid – blossoming baby blue, Build Me Up Buttercup – blooming buttery bouquet, Flowers In Her Hair – magnificent mint medley, La Vie En Rose – pastel petal pink, Spring Buds – pretty playful pistachio, Tip Toe through the tulips – perennial pale peach.
- Next Stop… – The Bikini Zone This amethyst-toned pewter suits me just fine.
- Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around – Nobody can stop me from wearing this creamy nude!
- Taupe-less Beach – There’s nothing optional about wearing this enticing taupe.
- I São Paulo Over – There He was sipping coffee with this mocha-toned beauty.
- OPI Scores a Goal! – Make your point in this winning shade of rich chocolate.
- AmazON…AmazOFF – I’m making the switch to this deep jungle green.
- I Just Can’t Cope-acabana – Nothing lifts your spirits like this sunshine yellow.
- Where Did Suzi’s Man-go? – He went to fetch her this delicious mango
Take a look at the new Essie collection for holiday 2010. This collection includes 6 shades and will be available since 1st of November.
Luxedo and Masquerade Belle are my kind of colours, can’t wait to see them!
The other day I found myself looking at the display with Essie nail polishes and thinking that I want at least ten shades. But I’ve promised myself that I will get only one. And no matter how hard it was, I am proud of myself that I actually kept my word and got only one shade.
I went home with Over the Knee nail polish which is described as a a shimmering cocoa brown on the website.
I really like the shade and the quality; the application is nice but can be a bit streaky. Over The Knee looks nice with two coats and I also like the glossy finish of this nail polish.
I have to mention that several people commented on it and asked about the name of the shade I was wearing.
After the luxury beauty gift guide, here is the opposite, the affordable option. And I’ve kept it all under £10. Most of the products I have and love, so can definitely recommend them. Only two from the list I haven’t tried but they’ve caught my attention, and I wanted to include them.
So here we go.
1. Mavala Extra Mild Nail Polish Remover, £7.86 from Amazon.
I honestly do not want to be using any other nail varnish remover after discovering this. Have used up 3 bottles already, and it’s just the best.
2. Ice Roller, £9.99 from Amazon.
I do have a pink quartz roller but nothing de-puffs the face quite like this. And it is a very nice and cooling sensation. You can see mine here.
3. Scalp Massager, from £5 from Amazon.
This is a pretty cool and inexpensive little gadget that I really enjoy using myself, and would definitely recommend. Scalp massage is one of the best things in this life, I am convinced.
4. Lanolips Rose Hand Cream Everyday, £9.99 from Cult Beauty