The first month of 2016 is already behind us. How does it feel? Was it a good one? Are you ready for the rest of 2016? Do you stick to your resolutions? 😉
It was a pretty good month beauty-wise for me, and here are the products I’ve been loving:
Nivea Nourishing Body Lotion For Very Dry Skin and a shower cream from this line. My Dad (!) actually got these two for me for Christmas, and I am really touched that he actually got the right products for my skin type. I usually take them with me when I go swimming but use them on a daily basis, too. I love how soft and smooth my skin feels afterwards, and how nice it smells. Considering how quickly I go through body creams and lotions it is nice to have something budget-friendly, as well.
Jo Malone Red Roses Cologne
I honestly don’t understand how could I miss the fact that Jo Malone discontinued Vanilla & Anise (and WHY would they do it?) so I am left with a half bottle only. At least I can still get this scent. Red Roses is definitely not for everyone, some of my friends laugh that I smell like a rose jam whenever I use it, and it may be a bit weird to smell like this when you wear a lot of black, leather, and red… but hey, life is supposed to be fun. I also have a candle which I adore as much as the cologne.
CND Solar Oil
I was getting gel manicure for about 6 months non-stop but once I was too busy to go to my manicurist who is absolutely amazing but works far away from my home (and work, too), and had to rush to the nearest salon as my nails were looking disgusting at that point. I can’t believe how
Since I already posted about my favourite makeup products of 2018, it is time for beauty!
I am in my (early) 30s, and I have very dry skin which requires a lot of attention so I take my skincare seriously. I am aware that all of the products I am going to mention are high end but every single one works incredible for my skin, and none was a press sample, which proves that I do have a very high opinion about them and am ready to invest.
I do not care for celebrities, unless it is Victoria Beckham, and very few other ones in which case, I pay very close attention to her/their beauty recommendations. In fact, someone I know who works for a big beauty brand told me that the Beckhams are among very few celebs who offer to pay for the samples they are sent. I’ve had very high expectations for this cleanser (and yes, partly because Mrs. B loves it), and it did not disappoint. Everything about the Ultimate Cleanse is pure luxury: from the packaging to the formula. Rich texture makes it easy to massage in, you get that at-home-spa feeling. And the result are fab! Clean and glowing skin without any tightness. There is only one problem, now I want everything from the brand.
This is very pricey product but after reading the most glorious reviews ( and waiting when there was a sale) I had to get it. And, seriously, this serum is
Sometimes it feels really weird that I love makeup. My Mum couldn’t care less about it, and I did not really read glossy magazines or watch beauty shows on TV growing up. (I did do it all but it was when I already knew that I love all things beauty).
My Mum did have quite a few lipsticks and a mascara but she was not obsessed with all those things and wore makeup only for special occasions. She did like perfume though, as long as I remember.
So I’ve decided to ask her what makeup products she truly loves. And since I’ve mentioned perfume – her most used one these days.
Before I start I have to mention that she does use foundation and mascara occasionally but she doesn’t really have a favourite and would just use whichever [I give her]. However, the products shown above she loves and uses on a regular basis.
As you can already guess, Mum’s favourite makeup product is a lipstick. She has a fair complexion with dark eyes and very dark hair so bright reds and berries look amazing on her.
Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in 06 Luscious Cherry (review and swatches). This is her
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love my Jo Malone Red Roses and wear it all the time lately, as well, as my other Jo Malone colognes. I am actually still shocked that Vanilla & Anise was discontinued, and I found out only recently…
Oh well, but the brand just brought out a collection of five new colognes, The Herb Garden, so maybe you and I can find a new love among these five scents. All of them were created by Anne Flipo.
Carrot Blossom & Fennel
- Top notes: fennel and wormwood;
- middle notes: carrot, apricot, neroli and rose;
- base notes: violet root, patchouli and white musk.
Lavender & Coriander
- Top notes: coriander and juniper;
- middle notes: lavender and wormwood;
- base notes: lavender, sage and tonka bean.
Nasturtium & Clover