Sometimes it feels really weird that I love makeup. My Mum couldn’t care less about it, and I did not really read glossy magazines or watch beauty shows on TV growing up. (I did do it all but it was when I already knew that I love all things beauty).
My Mum did have quite a few lipsticks and a mascara but she was not obsessed with all those things and wore makeup only for special occasions. She did like perfume though, as long as I remember.
So I’ve decided to ask her what makeup products she truly loves. And since I’ve mentioned perfume – her most used one these days.
Before I start I have to mention that she does use foundation and mascara occasionally but she doesn’t really have a favourite and would just use whichever [I give her]. However, the products shown above she loves and uses on a regular basis.
As you can already guess, Mum’s favourite makeup product is a lipstick. She has a fair complexion with dark eyes and very dark hair so bright reds and berries look amazing on her.
Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy in 06 Luscious Cherry (review and swatches). This is her
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love my Jo Malone Red Roses and wear it all the time lately, as well, as my other Jo Malone colognes. I am actually still shocked that Vanilla & Anise was discontinued, and I found out only recently…
Oh well, but the brand just brought out a collection of five new colognes, The Herb Garden, so maybe you and I can find a new love among these five scents. All of them were created by Anne Flipo.
Carrot Blossom & Fennel
- Top notes: fennel and wormwood;
- middle notes: carrot, apricot, neroli and rose;
- base notes: violet root, patchouli and white musk.
Lavender & Coriander
- Top notes: coriander and juniper;
- middle notes: lavender and wormwood;
- base notes: lavender, sage and tonka bean.
Nasturtium & Clover
I can’t think of a more appropriate beauty product than a relaxing pillow mist for the times we are in. And it seems that I have tried most of them, and would like to share about the newest release. Jo Malone Lavender & Musk Pillow Mist which is a part of recent, LE, lavender collection.
As you would expect from Jo Malone, it comes in a beautiful minimalist glass bottle with a pastel lilac cap. Unlike their colognes, the pillow mist comes in a round bottle. You can tell straight away that it is a
It was my Birthday this weekend so I’ve decided to share with you what I wore and what makeup I’ve used. I don’t see Birthdays as a big deal (after a certain age, ha!) but it is always cool to dress up and spend time with friends and family.
Of course, I went for red with a touch of black, outfit wise. And here is the makeup I’ve used:
Vichy BB Cream, I need to buy a full size of it soon, it is an amazing light base which gives some luminosity. Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Glide Concealer which is brilliant for the under eye area. Inglot HD Sculpting Powder in 504 is my favourite for that natural looking shadow and theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer for some glow.
Lips and Nails
Surprisingly I’ve used a very affordable trio: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania which I am obsessed with