Some of my readers told me that they would love to see more posts about the drugstore makeup. So I thought, why not? For the last several weeks I’ve been testing some drugstore makeup items that I was able to find in my collection.
So in July’s favourites I’ve included some of those products.
1.Too Faced Natural Eye Palette
I got this palette back in fall and even made swatches but I just forgot about it until I’ve found it this month. You get 9 pretty eye shadows both matte and shimmery finish. I got mine from the USA for $35. I will be sure to write a detailed review with swatches as soon as I can.
2.Max Factor Lash Extension Effect mascara
I’ve been using this mascara a lot and I love how it divides the lashes and it works perfect for the lower lashes. You can read review and see photos of it here.
3.Max Factor Second Skin foundation in Creamy Ivory
This is one of the best foundations I’ve ever tried and you can find out why here.
4.BECCA Jewel Dust in Asrai
First of all I have to say that I love the package, not only it’s gorgeous but it also has small holes in it so the product stays inside the container. And also, althought it’s not glass, the package doen’t look cheap! As for the shade, it’s so beautiful: iridescent pink with some small glitter. I love dusting it over the cream eye shadows. I promise to write a review later.
5.Rimmel Colour Show Off Lipstick in Pink Gossip
It’s a hot pink lipstick which stays on for a very long time and is great for summer. But I only
Today I will do something that I never did before. FOTD (Face Of The Day)! This is a photo from my twitter. I’ve got some compliments about my look , thank you very much.
So here are the products that I used:
- Illamasqua Satin Primer ( I love it and will review soon)
- Max Factor Second Skin Foundation in Creamy Ivory
- Hight Beam by Benefit
- Cedar Rose blush by Lancome
- Waif, Daylight and Satuesque eye shadows by Lancome
- Aqua Eyes in OL (black) by Make Up For Ever (review coming soon)
- Fluidline in Blacktrack by MAC
- Hypnose mascara by Lancome
Can’t believe that tomorrow is the first day of summer. I am still not sure about my vacation but I have some exciting projects at work.heh..
And now it’s time for May’s Favourite products:
1. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Satin Peach. This is a perfect shade for summer and I love the formula. You can read detailed review and see the lip swatches here.
2.Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. I really love the finish that it gives, my face looks amazing and I like how it looks on the photos. All HD products by Make Up For Ever that I’ve tried are wonderful!
3.Urban Decay Primer Potion(mini) for some reason I was using this product almost every day this month. I have to say that usually I don’t have any problems with creasing because my lids are not oily. But with this primer the shadows stay on even better. But the best thing is that they look brighter! Minus is that it’s harder to blend the products.
5. MAC Notoriety Eyeshadow Quad. It came out almost a year ago with Make-Up Art Cosmetics collection and I forgot that I got it but now I re-discovered it. And I totally love these 2 colours:
- Skintone 2 Mid tone gold (Frost)
- Rich & Earthy Rich coral bronze (Veluxe Pearl)
I like MAC eye shadows and these ae great as well.
Does it happen with you, too? I mean when you get something and forget that you got it and then find it after a long time.
6. Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes in
So this my Face of the Day!
I was wearing hot pink lips and cheeks so I kept the eyes neutral. I’ve used matte brown eye shadows with grey eye liner instead of black to make it softer.
Please don’t make any comments about my brows, I plan to change the shape a bit so I don’t really pluck them right now.
- Max Factor Second Skin foundation in Creamy Ivory (review and swatches).
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl (review coming soon)
- NARS blush in Mounia
- BECCA Creme Blush in Amaryllis (review coming soon)
- Benefit Hoola bronzer (review and swatches)
In summer, when the temperature raises, we still want out makeup to stay put, the same comes for when we are on a holiday, swimming in the sea or a pool (if you do wear makeup for that).
This is when waterproof and long-lasting makeup is our best friend. Luckily, these days quite a few brands offer a good selection of products to choose from! One of them is Make Up For Ever .
Let’s take a look at their latest seasonal offering – Aqua Summer.
There are quite a few new products from the Aqua range.
Aqua Rouge: a poppy coral that lights up the 2013 look, fuchsia, pomegranate, baby pink, and pale orange.
Aqua Lip: a deep pink pomegranate and a frosty pale pink.