Recently one girl I know asked me about budget friendly bronzer/blusher/highlighter palettes, and after searching for those for her, I thought I’d share with you, too, as these look absolutely amazing.
Rimmel Sculpting & Highlighting Kit designed by Kate Moss, £6.99 from Feel Unique
- Soft shimmer powder to highlight the cheek bone, brow bone, centre of the chin and bridge of the nose.
- Shading powder to contour the sides of the nose, jaw line and forehead.
- Powder blush for colour and definition.
Maybelline Facestudio Master Contour, $12 from Ulta
I am sorry for the lack of updates but I have been very busy with work and one project I am currently involved in. But since I have decided to sort out my makeup, I’ve wanted to post about some of the affordable eye shadow palettes that I am passing onto my friends (three of them,
one I am keeping for myself).
I am also giving away like 30 lipsticks which makes me kind of proud. I should really give away a lot more, but I could never bring myself to parting with my precious. Think Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings, ahem.
But here are the palettes.
And they are Max Factor, Maybelline, L’Oreal and Makeup Revolution.
This is the one that I am keeping for myself. But, in my defense, I am giving away some other palettes not shown on the photo. While the photo is not the best quality you can still see how incredibly pigmented these eye shadows are. They are really smooth and
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
My Mum doesn’t really wear makeup that much, and when she does she wants it to be quick, effortless and very easy. She will never be blending 5 eye shadows or mixing lipsticks together.
After analysing her lifestyle and listening to her concerns, here are the four products we’ve added to her routine (she does use foundation and mascara for special occasions or when she is feeling like it). She has great skin, especially for her age, and dark lashes and eye brows so we’ve decided that a bit of concealer, and colour for the lips and cheeks will be enough. I’ve also insisted on
It’s been a while since I’ve written my “new beauty purchases” post, in which I show you the beauty products that I buy for my personal use, so here it goes.
Here are only three things on the photo, but I have bought a lot more:
- New tube of Garnier scrub (it’s a re-purchase already), and I already re-purchased the Micellar Water and the Makeup Remover.
- NUXE lip balm, which I have already reviewed
- Maybelline fuchsia nail polish
- Some REN products that are still on their way. I just can’t live without REN’s Repair Omega 3 Serum, you simply have to try it!
And what about the products on the photo?
I am huge fan of