Can you believe that it’s almost Summer? It’s the last week of May, so it’s time for a monthly favourites feature.
And I want to start with beauty products:
1. SachaJuan Ocean Mist
I have bought the Ocean Mist from my wish list this month and am absolutely in love with it! It gives just the right amount of texture and volume without making the hair too crispy. Now I just need to get the Shine Serum, too.
2. Philip B Peppermint & Avocado Clarifying Shampoo
This product was also on my wish list and I am very happy with this purchase, as well. It smells absolutely divine, I am a huge fan of mint products for hair. I find that is leaves my scalp clean and “fresh” and the hair super shiny. I have got this in a kit and I’ve been loving all the products so far.
3. 111Skin Y Theorem Nac Y2 Facelift Repair Serum
This serum, which costs £190 was sent to me for the feature, and I was curious to see if it was worth the price. Unfortunately, for my wallet, it is absolutely fantastic. Definitely one of the best products I have ever used on my face! I’d say that the skin looks super soft, smooth and plump afterwards. I will definitely write about it in details in the future.
4. Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner
This is a gentle, yet effective exfoliating toner which helps to achieve a brighter and fresher complexion. I use mine two-three times per week. Review coming later.
At last I am back, reading my e-mails and comments…My blog e-mail is full of information about some new exciting launches!
One of them is the Rouge Bunny Rouge new look which is called Isola Bella (what a beautiful name) which is just gorgeous! One of my favourite looks by them so far…
I like how this look is described by the brand so I thought I’d share with you:
“Isola Bella evokes the ease of respite during a mid-summer day in a scenic nook of an island. Tropical colours are inspired by its exotic flora; fluttering shades of green and grey around the eyes, terracotta for an overall glow, and the full bloom of rose on the lips, making Isola Bella very feminine and glistening. Summer reflections are captured in the make-up resulting in a dreamy but vivid look.”
You can create this look yourself with the following products:
- MILK AQUARELLE Liquid Foundation ‘Chestnut Milk Parfait’
- NAKED DISGUISE Glide Concealer ‘Clio’
- FINE-SPUN LIGHT Luminous Skin Wand ‘Alula’
- AS IF IT WERE SUMMER STILL… Bronzing Glow Powder ‘at Neatherway Cove’
- SILK AETHER Long-lasting Cream
I have shared my opinion about the Rouge Bunny Rouge fragrance collection and I have great news! The brand just added a new scent to the line – Incantation.
Here is the description:
“This darkly divine fragrant enchantress strikes a soothing yet arresting beat on the skin. In synchronised elation hurtle trailing vines of blackcurrant, mint and spices instantly inveigle. Voluminous and bitter-green fig-leaf-fans ignite the air with scented swathes of rich black fruits. While the silk and sylvan aroma of otherworldly rose in
Don’t we all want radiant glowing complexion for Spring/Summer? We want it all year round but after those dull grey winter months, especially. This is why the brands are brining out so many products from this category. Here are four new ones that are worth your attention.
“Light correcting primers that blur, smooth and perfect the skin for a soft, subtle glow. The oil-free, weightless formulas neutralize, brighten and soften light as the first step in creating your perfect light.”
- Dim Light – A natural beige that neutralizes light to create soft, dim lighting
- Luminous Light – A champagne pearl that brightens light to create a luminous candlelit glow
- Mood Light – A soft, sheer pink that softens light to create the most forgiving mood lighting
Illamasqua Beyond Powder, £32 from Selfridges
“A baked highlighting powder subtly adding a warm hue to your complexion for a natural, radiant glow. Whether you want to achieve an all over illuminating finish or simply highlight certain points, Beyond’s lightweight
I am loving the “Bora Chiara”winter look from Rouge Bunny Rouge; the blue background, the classic hair and the simple and elegant makeup.
Here is the list of the products that were used to create this look:
- Aqua Primer PRELUDE IN THE CLOUDS
- Glide Concealer NAKED DISGUISE, my review
- Time Defying Foundation SKIN SANCTUARY, €60 for 30 ml. Available in four shades: Barely Cream, Linen Cream, Quinoa Cream and Wheat Cream.
“A medium to high coverage evens skin tone, diminishing the natural signs of aging that appear with mature skin, while giving the gift of preventative and protective virtues to younger complexions.”
- Flawless Skin Powder PRECIOUS VELVET
- Original Skin Blush FOR LOVE OF ROSES in Orpheline, my review of other shade.
- Long-lasting Eye Shadow WHEN BIRDS ARE SINGING… in Alabaster Starling. Highlight the brow bone area and inner corners of eyes.
- Umber Firefinch – over the moveable eyelid and crease, gently blending in an out and upward motion, my review.