Although we all are discussing Autumn collections already, let’s not forget that it is still Summer…
To remind us of that Rouge Bunny Rouge created a new look, which is the first part of their new trilogy- Under Good Omens.
This look is called Chance, it “celebrates the concept of a fortunate coincidence”, and it is all about the bronze and blue shades, signature Summer colours.
Here is how you can re-create it:
- “A combination of skincare and make-up base, the Original Skin Primer GENESIS will help you maintain a beautifully flawless skin throughout the day by smoothing the appearance of your skin, evening out your skin tone, minimizing the look of pores and increasing your foundation’s longevity.
- Invisible and impalpable, the Tinted Moisturiser SKETCHES ON WATER will even out the skin tone naturally. Add touches of the Bronzing Glow Powder AS IF IT WERE SUMMER STILL... to look kissed by sunbeams.
- Hide imperfections by applying Luminous Skin Wand FINE-SPUN LIGHT or Glide Concealer NAKED DISGUISE and smoothing it on with great care.
- Using a tiny amount of Highlighting Liquid SEAS OF ILLUMINATION on your cupid’s bow and in the corners of your eyes, draw the light to your lips and eyes.
- For a more intense glow, blend some of Highlighting Liquid SEAS OF ILLUMINATION with Tinted Moisturiser SKETCHES ON WATER and apply to the top of your cheekbones, to the bridge of your nose, and to the centre of your chin.
- With the light, creme-to-powder formula of our Blush Wand CHEEKS IN BLOOM it’s easy to create a fresh, transparent colour. We suggest the fresh, cool rose petal pink ‘Vermeer’.
In May the Recipe Of The Month was spinach and cottage cheese pie, and this month I’d like to share a super simple but extremely delicious breakfast recipe from James Duigan’s Clean and Lean book.
Toasted Rye Bread with Cinnamon Honey Butter; you could already see this pic on my Instagram
Ingredients (for two serves):
- 100g raw organic unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Manuka honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices rye bread
- 2 handfuls of almonds
Have you seen the new YSL Couture Palettes? (There is one in their summer collection, too) These are the new brand’s quints.
The shades are: 1 Tuxedo, 2 Fauves, 3 Afrique, 4 Saharienne, 5 Surrealiste, 6 Rive Gauche, 7 Parisienne (my favourite), 8 Avant Garde, 9 Baby Doll Nude, 10 Lumieres Majorelle, 11 Ballets Russes.
Everything about these palettes was inspired by the “Mondrian” dresses created by Mr. Saint Laurent. Here is how the brand describes this new release: “Eyes like a work of art: Art of colors, Art of combinations, A design as a piece of art.”
NARS are bringing out some very exciting products, their matte multiples, which we could already see being using at the SS14 Fashion Weeks.
Here is actually how the shade Anguilla looks like on the model from Thakoon show, isn’t is just gorgeous?
Here is Diane Kendal using it
I am very curious to try these, as they can be used both wet and dry, and here are some videos which
As I have already told you, this year I am, for some reason, excited about the VDay (it is never the case). I think it’s because Makeup4all turns 5, and I’d like to celebrate!
So I thought I’d share one of my favourite recipes with you. I get that for such an occasion (yeah, talking about VDay, hearts and roses here) people would expect brownies/macaroons/cupcakes. But why not surprising them with something different? I personally am not a big fan of sweets, desserts, cakes etc, as shocking as that may sound. But this lemon pie… I could
almost kill for it!
Big thanks to my friend Lindsay, who is a cooking goddess, and who gave me this recipe, among many others.
So here we go:
- 140 g flour
- 115 g butter
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
“Mix flour & salt with fork. Cut butter in small pieces and add to flour. Mix with fork, pressing butter into flour, until butter is the size of small peas. Gradually add water, one