I can’t say that I was that much into nail polish even 3 years ago. But now, it’s on a brand new level! Can’t say that I am as in love as I am with my makeup but now I see the point of having different shades of the same colours or those colours that I never thought I would wear.
So obviously I am more interested in nail polish brands now and there are so many that I would love to try. So here are two hight-end nail polish brands which I’ve never tried (yet) and which are loved by the nail polish addicts.
One of them is from the UK and it is called Leighton Denny. The newest collection is called Gelato and in contains the following shades
- Berry Nice, a lucious raspberry pink; refreshing but oh-so sweet. Perfect for a fun, flirty look.
- Sundae Girl, candy coloured perfection, this light girly lilac pink is perfect for an alternative French manicure colour.
- Do Me a Flavour, the brightest, juiciest and most vibrant orange that is perfectly in keeping with the 70`s trends for Spring / Summer 2011
- Ice To Meet You, a romantic, sheer white with the most subtle golden undertone. The perfect compliment to the catwalk brights this season.
- Inside Scoop, a cool mint green that is both wearable and bang on trend, for an instant fashion statement.
- Lolly Pop, strawberries and cream in a polish. This shade flatters all skin tones and will be as popular as strawberry ice cream itself.
Each is 12 ml and retails for £11
There is also a nail polish brand from US that I want to try which is called
Clarins Spring is about the nude and pastel shades. With 4 new nude lipsticks and 6 new blushes it’s easy to find a suitable shade for your skin tone.
The promo image looks sweet and pretty. Even thought this is not my kind of look I love that it is all about Spring!
Clarins Rouge Hydra-Nude Lipstick
A nourishing, moisturizing and smooth cream lipstick that colors the lips in radiant nude tones.
- 01 Nude Rose
- 02 Nude Coral
- 03 Nude Beige
- 04 Nude Caramel
Clarins Collector Mineral Eye Palette
An eye-color collection inspired by an artist’s watercolor palette. Composed of six eyeshadows, formulated with
Just as the Gris City nail polish collection by Dior their Spring 2011 makeup collection is inspired by grey colour. As Tyen himself says : “Grey is the color of the eternal”.
Grey and pink are the colurs from Dior’s childhood, a small town located in Normandy so this is the reason why collection has a lot of grey and pink shades in it. This collection was also inspired by the first boutique of Christian Dior on Avenue Montaigne which was designed in pink and grey.
So the main colours of this collection are the elegant pink and the “Avenue Montaigne” grey.
This collection includes:
Serum de Rouge Lip Treatment
- Pink Coral Serum # 240
- Pinky Mauve Serum # 460
Addict Ultra Gloss
- Pink Veil # 654
- Trianon Silver # 707
Rouge Dior Lip Color
- Spring Pink # 540
- Chic Pink # 658
- Dior Dior 5-Colour Designer Eye Palette in Soft Pink Design #018
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Gris-Gris #034
- Dior Cannage Palette # in Whisper Grey and
Today lets take a look at the new Spring 2011 makeup collection by NARS.
Trio Eye Shadows, $45
- CALANQUE, Gold infused platinum with silver flecks, light matte caramel and rich antique bronze steeped with gold.
Duo Eye Shadows, $33
- BATEAU IVRE, sky blue and a deep denim hue
- NOUVEAU MONDE, metallic silver lilac and olive gold
Soft Touch Shadow Pencil, $24
- HOLLYWOODLAND, pale gold
- CELEBRATE, Parrot green
Lip Glosses, $24
- NANA, deep black grape
- SUPER ORGASM, peachy
The Too Faced Spring 2011 makeup collection is already available so lets take a look at the new products.
Romantic Eye Classic Beauty Shadow Collection ($73 Value), $35
A collection of romantic, feminine eye shadows in an array of versatile textures.
This set contains:
3 x 0.06 oz Eye Shadows in
- Soul Mates (pale peach shimmer),
- Kiss The Bride (matte pale pink),
- Bouquet Toss (matte pale yellow ivory)
6 x 0.03 oz Eye Shadows in
- I Do (matte taupe),
- Un-Veil (matte soft black),
- Cut The Cake (lavender mauve shimmer),
- First Dance (matte deep purple),
- Honeymoon (burnished gold shimmer),
- Ever After (bronze shimmer)
Peach Leopard Brightening & Perfecting Bronzer,$ 28
A tri-colored bronzer that lightens and brightens the complexion for a warm, tropical glow. This perfect combination of peach, chocolate, and bronze neutralizes redness and blotchy skin while delivering a beautifully sun-kissed effect. The complementary shades enrich fair to medium skin tones and infuse deeper skin tones with a healthy radiance.
(matte cocoa/ tawny bronze/ warm peach)
Shadow Insurance Glitter Glue Glitter Bonding Eye Shadow Primer,$ 18
A glue specifically formulated to lock down eye glitter and enhance its reflective quality. This colorless cream formula is designed to grab and hold loose glitters, pigments, and shimmers so they won’t come off until you take them off.
Shadow Insurance Candlelight Softly Illuminating Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer in Golden Sheen $18
A versatile eyeshadow primer that imparts a sexy, soft-focused light and a subtle metallic sheen whether worn as a base for colour or alone. This long-wearing primer enhances eyes hadow and adds just a touch of golden metallic flair. It can be