If you follow me on twitter you probably remember that I had a dream that I met Dick Page for an exclusive Shiseido spring 2011 makeup collection preview (and, yes, all the items from the collection were gifted to me in a beautiful gift box). Now that would be awesome if he would ever pick me for such an event but now I can only dream.
By the way, I had a lot of dreams about Creative Directors of makeup brands, Famous Make-Up Artists and even beauty bloggers. But it’s better not to get into the details 😉
So I was very curious to see if the collection I saw in my dream would be any similar to the real Shiseido collection. Unfortunately, not really. In my dream there were a lot of pastel shades and light textures with pearls. Ok, at least the “pearl thing” is close… There will be the new Shimmering Rouge Lipsticks.
You could already see this photo here which is taken by Teen Vogue’s editor
I just love those OPI collections which are inspired by countries. This Spring 2011 collection was inspired by Texas, one of my favourite States in the USA because I know a lot of ah-mazing people from there and in fact I’ve been friends with some people from Houston for as long as I remember myself, I even got this Texas pendant as a present.
But back to OPI collection…There are 12 nail polish shades with a very Texas names which I like.
- Don’t Mess With OPI – A lean, mean, kick-grass forest green
- Austin-Tatious Turquoise – Cowgirls love this bodacious blue-green
- It’s Totally Fort-Worth It – A shimmery lavender grey that’s so worthy of you
- Do You Think I’m Tex-y? A “berry” sexy bloom of Dallas dahlia
- Big Hair…Big Nails – A rosy pageant peach
- I Vant To Be A-Lone Star – You won’t want to share this starry Texas-sky blue
- Houston We Have A Purple – A galactic
Just as the Gris City nail polish collection by Dior their Spring 2011 makeup collection is inspired by grey colour. As Tyen himself says : “Grey is the color of the eternal”.
Grey and pink are the colurs from Dior’s childhood, a small town located in Normandy so this is the reason why collection has a lot of grey and pink shades in it. This collection was also inspired by the first boutique of Christian Dior on Avenue Montaigne which was designed in pink and grey.
So the main colours of this collection are the elegant pink and the “Avenue Montaigne” grey.
This collection includes:
Serum de Rouge Lip Treatment
- Pink Coral Serum # 240
- Pinky Mauve Serum # 460
Addict Ultra Gloss
- Pink Veil # 654
- Trianon Silver # 707
Rouge Dior Lip Color
- Spring Pink # 540
- Chic Pink # 658
- Dior Dior 5-Colour Designer Eye Palette in Soft Pink Design #018
- Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Gris-Gris #034
- Dior Cannage Palette # in Whisper Grey and
This time makeup collection by Chanel was inspired by pearls and we all know how much Mademoiselle Chanel loved pearls. Peter Philips wanted to create a beautiful collection which would reflect the iridescent refections of pearls.
Collection includes new format of eye shadows – quints Ombres Perlees De Chanel
“CHANEL has created a tailor-made case to hold all of this magic. The classic black case becomes rectangular to contain five iridescent shades captured in a rich cream texture that glides smoothly over the skin. Blanc perlé, Rose porcelaine, Violine clair, Gris vert and Gris noir scintillant offer a bewitching odyssey with each sumptuous and capricious colour. The exquisitely fresh eye shadows are applied easily with the double-tipped foam applicator or fingertips. They can even stray from the eyelids to enliven cheekbones with a touch of shine.”
Poudre Universelle Compacte
- Rose Merveille, a pale pink with subtle sparkles for a halo of light.
- Espiegle, a silken rosy peach blush.
- Jersey Rose, a pink that flatters all skin tones, to wear to your heart’s desire.
- Peregrina, a delicate coral for the great outdoors.
- Flamboyante, a rosy red that shimmers like a promise of happiness.
- Coquette, a vivid, energising pink, steeped in radiance.
Le Crayon Levres
- Nakkar, an intrepid soda pink warmed by
So here is the new collection by Guerlain which is called Sur Mes Levres with Vodianova, like it or not, as usual on the promo photo. This time she is playing the role of Gene Tierney, Kim Novak and Grace Kelly at the same time.
Blush G de Guerlain Serie Noir, £41/€55
Rouge G, new formula Serie Noir Jewel Lipstick Compact, £28.50/€39.50
- 24 Rouge Sensuel,
- 45 Orange Euphorique,
- 70 Fuchsia Delice,
- 71 Rose Desir.
Ecrin 6 Couleurs, £52.50/€72.00
- Rue de Rivoli
Meteorites, pressed powder, £34/€44:
- 01 Teint Rose
- 02 Teint