I am sure that a lot of you tried or at least heard about the amazing tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier. And I have to say that it’s a great product but today I would like to tell you about the Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer, SPF 20. And it is a moisturizer with subtle shimmering colour.
This is what it written about it:
“Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Illuminating is a lightweight, buildable sheer foundation formula that delivers a youthful, radiant finish.The skin-friendly formula contains a unique Dewy Complex that is proven to keep the skin moisturized and better equipped to combat external aggressors and irritants. Layer with other foundations for a custom blend and radiant finish”
Here are just some of my thoughts about this product and you can decide for yourself if you need this or not:
- As all TM this product gives a pretty sheer coverage so be sure that you use a concealer if you have any problems.
- This product is perfect for hot summer weather because it’s not to heavy.
- If you have quite a few imperfections on your skin I would not recommend you using it because you will just emphasize them.
- This product would look amazing with bronzed, sun-kissed looks.
- I’ve tried mixing it with other foundation and loved the effect, more coverage and less shine.
- SPF 20 is a huge plus of course.
- It looked ok on my dry skin but I am not sure about the oily skin and if it’s worth using it. The regular TM would look much better.
- It’s not the best foundation for taking photos.
This is how the product looks on the skin and you can actually see the shimmer in it.
Although I think it’s a nice product, in the future I’d just stick to the regular tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier and if I want the illuminating effect – I’d just mix it with a bit of highlighter.
This is how it looks like on the skin. And (I’ll say it again) it’d look great on you if you have perfect skin!
If you want something with the similar effect but cheaper you may be enterested in Nivea’s Natural Beauty Cream. (review and swatches).
You can get this tinted moisturizer for £32.00 / $42.
And what do you think? I am also curious about your favourite Laura Marcier product, please share.