I like to make lists of the things that I need/want for a few reasons, mostly not to get
crap items I do not need, and also to keep an eye on the discounts/sales of the things which I plan on getting.
Last time I’ve posted my wish list in the beginning of July, and I did get the products from the list. So let’s do it again. Only this time, it is not just beauty but more of a lifestyle wish list. And I’ve been strict with myself and only included the things I truly want.
- Aquis Hair Turban Lisse Luxe, ( I like Desert Rose), £30 from Space NK and Look Fantastic. I’ve been resisting this for a few years (yes, really) but after reading how it is life changing, and how it helps to keep the hair in place and dries it quicker, I would really love one. It should also last for years so I am willing to give it a go, considering how much I hate having a big towel around my hair. I’d also wouldn’t say no to Larry King volumising hair spray.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Classico Mascara, Black, £24 from John Lewis Giorgio Armani Maestro Eye Liner, 01, £24.80. Mascara and eye liner and probably the most important makeup items for me, so I choose them very carefully. Unfortunately, high street brands don’t quite give me the results I am after, so I’d rather invest and enjoy the high quality performance.
- Luxury Pink Lip Gloss. Pink gloss is my “everyday nude”. I’ve used up a few of my favourites so would love to get a replacement. And I am thinking something very special like Chantecaille Love £29 from Space NK/ Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss £38 from Harrods or byTerry from Cult Beauty. Yes, it is not necessary to spend that much on a lip gloss but I barely buy makeup these days.
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
Body cream is probably the product that I go through the quickest, and I have quite a few in “Empties” saved stories on my Instagram. Recently I’ve used up three more so thought I would share my thoughts.
I really love S&G’s quirkiness, the names, the description of the products, and the affordable prices, it ticks all the boxes. And while I do not like pink colour at all, it just works for the brand. As for the cream, my favourite thing was the scent, so addictive. It reminds me of Miss Dior, by the way. I loved using this cream in summer, as for my very dry skin it was not enough in winter. The texture and the formula were lovely and easy to apply.
Who will love it: fans of heavily scented products; those who appreciate a good sense of humour.
Kneipp Lavender Body Lotion Relaxing, $18 from Amazon
I am a huge fan of Emily Blunt, [I’ve watched the latest Mary Poppins just because of her], and actually posted a few of her makeup breakdowns in the past so am happy to share about her latest look from the SAG awards.
Here is a breakdown of the look which was posted by her make-up artist Jenn Streicher who used all Dior products on Emily.
I love the glowing skin, minimum eye makeup, and a bright pink lip which is matching her dress and nails. She looks glowing!
- DIOR Capture Totale Dreamskin Advanced
- DIOR FOREVER 24h wear high perfection skin-caring foundation
- DIOR Diorskin Forever Undercover Concealer
- DIOR Diorskin Nude Luminizer Shimmering Glow Powder
- DIOR BACKSTAGE Contour Palette
Last time I wrote about my favourites was in February so it is time a for an update.
I’ve collected some of the things I have been loving the most in the last several months, so since there are quite a few items I’ve divided this feature in two parts, and we’ll start with beauty.
I am a huge fan of the brand, and their products really work for me. While they are quite expensive, I think it is worth the investment, as you only have one face, and you can definitely see the difference with Omorovicza. I have been using both products since March and the serum is practically gone, while there is still at least half of the bottle of the cream. I have dry and sensitive skin, and I am in my early 30s, and I can tell that the skin is smooth and glowing (there is an instant effect straight after the application), it also helped battling the tight, grey and flaky post-winter skin. On top of it, I personally love the scent, sensation and the design. And, yes, when you are paying this much every detail matters. I am now eyeing one of their cleansers. By the way, I have also been loving this cream skincare wise a lot in the last several months.
Speaking of cleansers, I’ve almost used up Darphin Aromatic Cleansing Balm (from Look Fantastic, Nordstrom, House Of Fraser) which is a cult product in the industry already. And let me tell you – rightly so. First of all, as the name suggests, it smells absolutely incredible, there is something soothing and relaxing about using it at the end of the day, it is like a well deserved “me time”. I also love the cleansing properties and how soft it makes my skin feel. While I never remove my eye makeup with this type of cleansers, I find that it does the job of removing face makeup really well, and it is a great product for a facial massage. In fact, in April we had some quality time with my girlfriends and we were all doing a 20 minute facial massage with this gem, and I can testify that they all were hooked as well.