Tag: beauty wish list
I like to make lists of the things that I need/want for a few reasons, mostly not to get
crap items I do not need, and also to keep an eye on the discounts/sales of the things which I plan on getting.
Last time I’ve posted my wish list in the beginning of July, and I did get the products from the list. So let’s do it again. Only this time, it is not just beauty but more of a lifestyle wish list. And I’ve been strict with myself and only included the things I truly want.
- Aquis Hair Turban Lisse Luxe, ( I like Desert Rose), £30 from Space NK and Look Fantastic. I’ve been resisting this for a few years (yes, really) but after reading how it is life changing, and how it helps to keep the hair in place and dries it quicker, I would really love one. It should also last for years so I am willing to give it a go, considering how much I hate having a big towel around my hair. I’d also wouldn’t say no to Larry King volumising hair spray.
- Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Classico Mascara, Black, £24 from John Lewis Giorgio Armani Maestro Eye Liner, 01, £24.80. Mascara and eye liner and probably the most important makeup items for me, so I choose them very carefully. Unfortunately, high street brands don’t quite give me the results I am after, so I’d rather invest and enjoy the high quality performance.
- Luxury Pink Lip Gloss. Pink gloss is my “everyday nude”. I’ve used up a few of my favourites so would love to get a replacement. And I am thinking something very special like Chantecaille Love £29 from Space NK/ Clé de Peau Beauté Radiant Lip Gloss £38 from Harrods or byTerry from Cult Beauty. Yes, it is not necessary to spend that much on a lip gloss but I barely buy makeup these days.
As I’ve already mentioned, the times when I would get all those limited edition eye shadow palettes and yet another *insert a name of the product* are long gone. Now I only get products when I finish something (I have empties save stories over at my Insta) or when I really want that item. So here is my current wish list. And I am also including the things which I have finished so that you see what is being replaced.
I use up red nail varnishes like it’s nobody’s business so my current classic red which is CND’s Red-Y To Roll (see it here) is almost gone. I really enjoyed using it but would love to try Essie’s Gel Couture one now. I’d love Lady in Red or Rock the Runway, would have to see them in person, I am very specific about my reds.
I am obsessed with a glow-giving makeup base, and
It is December, so it is almost Christmas time, hopefully you all are enjoying your advent calendars, as much as I am enjoying mine.
My friends and family have been asking me what I’d like for Christmas so I thought I’d make a list. And instead of posting numerous gift guides I’d just share what I’d love to receive myself, and maybe it will inspire you, too. I actually love lists! I am not a fan of excessive consumerism so it is nice to know what exactly people want or need.
And by the way, it is not like I expect to get all of these things [which all together would cost a fortune] for Christmas. It is just a wish list.
Here we go:
- Dear Diary in black (£29.50 from here). I had one last year, and would really want the same one again for 2019. So far 2018 was the most insane year for me, and I know that 2019 will be even better.
- New shades. After browsing the shops for hours and hours, I’ve found two pairs that I loved. And I believe that sunglasses are something one has to invest in, never buy cheap ones. I loved the mirrored pink RayBans (shopbop) and black YSL (Net a Porter and Nordstrom). All the shades that I have are designer but I have been wearing them for years, they served me well and were worth the investment. But my collection could benefit from the two pairs mentioned above.
- Nailberry nail polishes (£14) Ok, I know this is beauty. But red polishes for me is a must have “accessory”. And I’ve been wanting to try this brand for ages (ever since it launched). The shade showed is Cherry Cherie.
Mason Pearson mini Brush (from Escentuals, Nordstrom and Net a Porter).These are very expensive but I’ve heard that they are almost life changing, dramatic much. I also know that they’d last a lifetime so would be very grateful to get a small handbag version. It is on top of my beauty wish list.
Aesop Products (Nordstrom,Cult Beauty, Net a Porter) I have tried very few products from Aesop, and would love to get more familiar with the brand. I’d love to start with their hand cream and hand wash. Maybe a face serum, as well? Shown is
I am not someone who is obsessed with [my] Birthday, and tell everyone about it. But since friends and family keep asking me what I want, it made sense to make a list, and share some of the things with you, too. I have chosen to post the items that may be of interest to you. Maybe it will inspire you to get these things for yourself, or maybe you are just curious about what I want. I know I am always curious to see all those wish lists.
New Phone. I mainly use my phone for calling or sending messages, and I use my iPad mini for everything else on the go. This is why I like phones like Nokia and Blackberry qwerty. My F&F find it to be a really weird thing. But it is not gonna change, I would like a new phone like that, too.
Something To Read
I am an avid reader, so my list could be ridiculously long but I have chosen to post only the relevant [for the website] items. And I still don’t have any of these books yet.
Since I am posting all those Holiday Gift Guides, it seemed like a cool idea to share my own wish list. And this is not only beauty but pretty much everything that I want. I would actually really want to know what is on top of your wish list this year, so do share.
What I Saw: Reports from Berlin, 1920-1933 by Joseph Roth, £6 from Amazon UK and $16.95 from Amazon. I read some of his reports about Vienna, and loved them. So the ones about Berlin are on my wish list, too.
Pretty Iconic: A Personal Look at the Beauty Products that Changed the World by Sali Hughes, £12.50 from Amazon UK and $14 from Amazon. I don’t really read that many beauty related websites/books these days, but I did read Sali’s first book, and would like this one, too.