Tag: best candle
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
This month I don’t have that many favourites but I absolutely adore all the products that I’ve included…
I want to start with a product that I wear pretty much daily – Clarins Be Long Mascara (review), this is one of the best mascaras I have ever used. You can get a subtle look, with defined long lashes, but you can also build it up for an intense look, is really works! Not to mention that the formula makes the lashes grow longer with time. I have already recommended Be Long to some of my friends, you would recommend it to you, too.
The other two makeup products are for lips. One is for a subtle effect, and the other one is a bolder option.
L’Oréal Paris Color Riche Extraordinaire in 100 Mezzo Pink (review and lip swatches) is a gorgeous baby pink shade, it feels moisturizing and hydrating on the lips, and it smells delicious. My makeup
Regular readers probably know that I am a big fan of Aromatherapy Associates , and their Deep Relax candle is in my top 3 which is why I am happy to share about their newest candle. Especially considering that it supports a very good cause! 10% of proceeds will be donated to the charity, Defence Against Cancer.
- ” Evoke a sense of calm and inner peace to your surroundings with the fortifying combination of frankincense and cardamom to inspire. “
This candle was created by AA founder Geraldine during her lowest ebb amidst treatment for cancer. Actually Aromatherapy associates is the brand that
Remember this post about my recent beauty purchases?
Well, I did keep the candle for myself. Don’t worry, I’ve got something different for my friend, so I am not that horrible. And, oh dear, it is divine. I really should have got a NEOM candle earlier. The only problem is that now I kind of want all of them…
The one that I have is called Refresh and it has the notes of Sicilian Lemon and Fresh Basil. These are great pick-me-up notes for dull late Autumn/Winter season, when the day gets shorter and we get less sunshine, and it gets colder and, often, gloomier.
Unlike cheap candles, this one is
These days my favourite candle for daytime has to be In Love by Daniel Sandler. I simply adore the smell of it and you can read more about it here.
As for the evenings – my favourite has to be Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle.
I don’t like candles with barely noticeable subtle scent so AA Relax Candle is a perfect one for me. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not overwhelming but you can smell the scent of it even when it’s not burning.
I am often sceptical about aromatherapy products but not when it comes to Aromatherapy Associates as this brand rules supreme. Seriously! All their products are unbelievable. In fact, I’ve just re-purchased their Deep Relax Bath Oil as I refuse to be without it
Of course for something with