Tag: best in beauty
I used to do monthly favourites but since very often I would repeat a lot of the products, it made sense to do one for each season (here is Spring). While it is mostly about beauty, I do include a few lifestyle items, as well.
In the summer I have been loving my rose fragrances, as always. My biggest obsession was Goutal Eau de Parfum Rose Pompon (as seen on my Insta) from Harrods and Bergdorf. It has the notes of Bulgarian rose essence, taïf rose, peony, blackcurrent, rasberry, pink pepper, woody cedar, patchouli and white musk. And it is just my dream scent, I never want to be without it, ever.
I personally think that very few people can actually write about perfume beautifully, and I am certainly not one of them. So for now I will just insert the brand’s description of the two perfumes I’ve been loving lately. However, I will try my best in the future.
“As you stroll down Rue des Rosiers in Paris, you can feel the vibrant, sparkling atmosphere along the cobblestone street, punctuated with the laughter from café terraces and snippets of shopkeepers’ conversations. In the spring, the climbing rose bushes flower in clusters. The wind stirs their pompom blossoms and swirls their refreshing scent with the sweet, tangy smell of pastries.” See… What is not to love?
Le Labo Rose 31 whih was my Wedding perfume
“The disturbing ambiguity of the Centifolia rose, quickly picked up by a chorus of warm, spicy and woodsy notes such as cumin, olbanum, cedar and a touch of amber…In the background, the declared sensuality of Gaïac wood and cistus highlighted by a distinctly physical animal note, give this perfume a disconcerting sense of mystery”.
R+Co Dallas Thickening Shampoo (review here)
I raved about this shampoo only recently so feel free to read all about it by clicking the link above. Unfortunately (or luckily, I suppose), it has now been replaced by a biotin version which, hopefully, is only better.
Therapie products from Cult Beauty Sleep Drops and
I loved looking back at the most popular (most viewed) features of 2017, and the ones I personally loved writing the most so decided to do the same this year, as well. But I am combining them in one post now.
My Personal Top 5
These are the features that I wrote in 2018 that I loved working on. And, although I love all of them, here are the ones that stood out.
- Bridal Beauty: The Products I’ve Used On My Wedding Day (here).I loved writing about the products I’ve used on my wedding day. I did my own makeup, obviously.
- Nails Of The Day: Dior Pandore. Forever Red (here). This is a love letter to my red nail varnishes. Can’t live without red manicure, really.
- Holiday: Beauty Edition (here). The feature brings so many memories our a lovely time in Cyprus. I also shared the makeup/beauty products I took with me.
- My Christmas 2018 Wish List (here).It took forever to put this list together, as these are truly the items I want. Although the Christmas is long gone, I would still want all of those items ( can be for my Birthday and just because).
- Favourites Beauty Products of 2017 (here). Always love picking my absolute favourites, and this post features the ones from from 2017.
5 Features With The Most Views
It is December, so it is almost Christmas time, hopefully you all are enjoying your advent calendars, as much as I am enjoying mine.
My friends and family have been asking me what I’d like for Christmas so I thought I’d make a list. And instead of posting numerous gift guides I’d just share what I’d love to receive myself, and maybe it will inspire you, too. I actually love lists! I am not a fan of excessive consumerism so it is nice to know what exactly people want or need.
And by the way, it is not like I expect to get all of these things [which all together would cost a fortune] for Christmas. It is just a wish list.
Here we go:
- Dear Diary in black (£29.50 from here). I had one last year, and would really want the same one again for 2019. So far 2018 was the most insane year for me, and I know that 2019 will be even better.
- New shades. After browsing the shops for hours and hours, I’ve found two pairs that I loved. And I believe that sunglasses are something one has to invest in, never buy cheap ones. I loved the mirrored pink RayBans (shopbop) and black YSL (Net a Porter and Nordstrom). All the shades that I have are designer but I have been wearing them for years, they served me well and were worth the investment. But my collection could benefit from the two pairs mentioned above.
- Nailberry nail polishes (£14) Ok, I know this is beauty. But red polishes for me is a must have “accessory”. And I’ve been wanting to try this brand for ages (ever since it launched). The shade showed is Cherry Cherie.
Mason Pearson mini Brush (from Escentuals, Nordstrom and Net a Porter).These are very expensive but I’ve heard that they are almost life changing, dramatic much. I also know that they’d last a lifetime so would be very grateful to get a small handbag version. It is on top of my beauty wish list.
Aesop Products (Nordstrom,Cult Beauty, Net a Porter) I have tried very few products from Aesop, and would love to get more familiar with the brand. I’d love to start with their hand cream and hand wash. Maybe a face serum, as well? Shown is
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
I don’t have that many favourites this month but I really love each and every one a lot.
I am huge fan of Givenchy Noir Couture Mascara, and I really like this one, too. This ball-shaped mascara has been around for a while but I have tried it only this year and only because I’ve bought it by accident (did not return it because the lady at Givenchy told me it is her favourite). And I am happy I’ve kept it, as it is great. It takes time to get used to this shape but once you do – you can get incredible results: think, long and black lashes. I also like the fact that this mascara stays on without smudging all day. The only thing I’d say is that this is not a I-am-in-a-rush product, it does take some time to build up the effect but it is worth it, in my opinion.
Rouge Bunny Rouge Pristine Light Light Corrective Eye Primer. Use the code RBR-MAKEUP4ALL20 for a 20% off and get it here.
This is the