Tag: best in makeup
I used to do monthly favourites but since very often I would repeat a lot of the products, it made sense to do one for each season (here is Spring). While it is mostly about beauty, I do include a few lifestyle items, as well.
In the summer I have been loving my rose fragrances, as always. My biggest obsession was Goutal Eau de Parfum Rose Pompon (as seen on my Insta) from Harrods and Bergdorf. It has the notes of Bulgarian rose essence, taïf rose, peony, blackcurrent, rasberry, pink pepper, woody cedar, patchouli and white musk. And it is just my dream scent, I never want to be without it, ever.
I personally think that very few people can actually write about perfume beautifully, and I am certainly not one of them. So for now I will just insert the brand’s description of the two perfumes I’ve been loving lately. However, I will try my best in the future.
“As you stroll down Rue des Rosiers in Paris, you can feel the vibrant, sparkling atmosphere along the cobblestone street, punctuated with the laughter from café terraces and snippets of shopkeepers’ conversations. In the spring, the climbing rose bushes flower in clusters. The wind stirs their pompom blossoms and swirls their refreshing scent with the sweet, tangy smell of pastries.” See… What is not to love?
Le Labo Rose 31 whih was my Wedding perfume
“The disturbing ambiguity of the Centifolia rose, quickly picked up by a chorus of warm, spicy and woodsy notes such as cumin, olbanum, cedar and a touch of amber…In the background, the declared sensuality of Gaïac wood and cistus highlighted by a distinctly physical animal note, give this perfume a disconcerting sense of mystery”.
R+Co Dallas Thickening Shampoo (review here)
I raved about this shampoo only recently so feel free to read all about it by clicking the link above. Unfortunately (or luckily, I suppose), it has now been replaced by a biotin version which, hopefully, is only better.
Therapie products from Cult Beauty Sleep Drops and
I loved looking back at the most popular (most viewed) features of 2017, and the ones I personally loved writing the most so decided to do the same this year, as well. But I am combining them in one post now.
My Personal Top 5
These are the features that I wrote in 2018 that I loved working on. And, although I love all of them, here are the ones that stood out.
- Bridal Beauty: The Products I’ve Used On My Wedding Day (here).I loved writing about the products I’ve used on my wedding day. I did my own makeup, obviously.
- Nails Of The Day: Dior Pandore. Forever Red (here). This is a love letter to my red nail varnishes. Can’t live without red manicure, really.
- Holiday: Beauty Edition (here). The feature brings so many memories our a lovely time in Cyprus. I also shared the makeup/beauty products I took with me.
- My Christmas 2018 Wish List (here).It took forever to put this list together, as these are truly the items I want. Although the Christmas is long gone, I would still want all of those items ( can be for my Birthday and just because).
- Favourites Beauty Products of 2017 (here). Always love picking my absolute favourites, and this post features the ones from from 2017.
5 Features With The Most Views
I have already posted about my personal favourite 17 posts from 2017 but here is a round up of the most viewed 17 posts. I am not including the links to any new launches previews as those are invalid now.
And here is also a link to the most viewed features of 2016.
1. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Blushing Bride Review and Cheek Swatches (here)
2. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blushes Review and Swatches. Love Them! (here)
3. Daniel Sandler Bronze And Glow Watercolour Blushers Review and Swatches. Rave. (here).Yes two features of DS blushers got a lot of views.
4. Clarins Face Contouring Palette & Brush Review and Swatches (here)
5. Clarins Skin Illusion Mineral & Plant Extracts Loose Powder Foundation Review and Swatches (here)
6. Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel Bronzing Makeup Base Review and Swatches (here)
Max Factor posts actually get so many views which is really cool, considering that
Hello, October! It’s time for September favourites, and last month I’ve discovered some absolutely amazing products which I am excited to tell you about.
My favourite base combo in September (and not only in September): Clarins Instant Light Radiance Boosting Complexion Base in 01 Rose (review and swatches) and Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer (review and swatches), decanted. I have written very detailed reviews about both products so you are welcome to take a look. But if I had to sum up – I’d say that both items work incredibly well to add that glow/sheen back in the skin. You look just fine when in reality you are ridiculously exhausted and can only dream about getting some sleep. I recommend for dry skin especially.
I really love my Inglot Sculpting HD Powder in 504 (review and swatches), as you can see from the photo above. It creates that perfect and natural shade. Works even on the pale complexions and doesn’t look muddy, the formula is soft and smooth, and blends easily.
If I had to choose only one favourite product this month – that’d have to be
I honestly can’t believe that it is September next week, it seems like it was June only yesterday. But this was an absolutely amazing month, and here are the beauty products that really stood out to me.
Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in 738 Royal Plum (review and swatches)
Clarins revamped their Joli Rouge line (as seen here), and now it looks even more chic, and the formula feels even more comfortable. Royal Plum is the shade to die for, it is a must have for Autumn! I have to confess that oxblood was the colour of the month for me. Max Factor Glossfinity Nail polish in 185 Ruby Fruit was the shade I wore on my toes all month