Tag: blush review
So here is the next product from Illamasqua’s Generation Q makeup collection, Powder Blusher in Allure.
I have already reviewed the lip gloss in Boost here.
Allure (£18) is described a dusky rose pink shimmer and here is how it looks like in the pan.
I am a huge fan of Illamasqua’s cream blushers so was expecting a lot from the powder one, as well, and it did deliver! It is very pigmented and a little goes a long way. But at the same time it blends into the skin beautifully and stays on nicely.
The colour is gorgeous and it is very wearable despite the shimmer, you can’t really see it on the face, it is delicate, definitely not a ‘disco ball’ effect.
Here is how it looks like on the skin. Heavily layered and
Blush is probably my favourite makeup product. And I do love some luxury blushes. This is definitely not a necessity but just something I like to treat myself to once in a while.
But I understand that some people don’t want to spend a lot on a blush, actually I often get asked what cheap but good blushes I can recommend.
Let’s start with La Femme Cosmetics Blush On Rouge which is really cheap actually. It retails for 2.95 only!
Although I’ve heard a lot of great things about these blushes, I’ve decided to get only one for a start. I’ve chosen to try a shade called Coral which is a bright reddish coral.
And I can actually see why so many people love these. La Femme blush that I have is
I already featured the famous Daniel Sandler Watercolours here but I think it’s time to write a full review and swatch all the shades that I have.
Some people commented that they’ve never heard of this brand and of Daniel himself. Daniel Sandler is a British celebrity Make-Up artist and a co-fonder of the Daniel Sandler Cosmetics. To find out more check out the official website. I also recommend you watching some videos with Daniel as he is very talented and charming, a pleasure to watch.
But what about the blushes?
These are probably the most famous Daniel’s products, they even brought him his first beauty award from the Grazia magazine.
First of all I have to say that I’ve wanted to try them for a long time so I was really happy to get three shades to try out. And here are some of my thoughts and, what is really exciting, tips from Daniel himself that he shared with us!
Here are my thoughts:
- I perfectly understand why these are so popular, as they are a pleasure to use, the package is cute and you can see the colour itself. The formula is really nice.
- There is a great variety of shades for everyone, they all are really beautiful.
- The pigmentation is insane! You only need a tiny amount of the product so the bottle will last you forever.
- But my favourite thing about the Watercolours is actually how long-lasting they are. I would even say that these may be the most long-lasting blushes I’ve ever used. These are definitely there by the end of the day.
- Although they stay on so well, it’s not hard to remove them, you won’t have to scrub your face to get them off.
- The price is really reasonable for the quality (£14.50 which is less than $25). You can buy them here with the International shipping.
The shades that I have are:
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far! Today I would like to remind you about the blushes that I’ve already reviewed. I love blushes and have quite a lot of them so here are some from my collection.
And I promise to write more posts about blushes in the future 😉
BECCA Cream Blush in Amaryllis – review and swatches
NARS blush in Orgasm – review and swatches
Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Rude – review and swatches