Tag: bridal makeup
I loved looking back at the most popular (most viewed) features of 2017, and the ones I personally loved writing the most so decided to do the same this year, as well. But I am combining them in one post now.
My Personal Top 5
These are the features that I wrote in 2018 that I loved working on. And, although I love all of them, here are the ones that stood out.
- Bridal Beauty: The Products I’ve Used On My Wedding Day (here).I loved writing about the products I’ve used on my wedding day. I did my own makeup, obviously.
- Nails Of The Day: Dior Pandore. Forever Red (here). This is a love letter to my red nail varnishes. Can’t live without red manicure, really.
- Holiday: Beauty Edition (here). The feature brings so many memories our a lovely time in Cyprus. I also shared the makeup/beauty products I took with me.
- My Christmas 2018 Wish List (here).It took forever to put this list together, as these are truly the items I want. Although the Christmas is long gone, I would still want all of those items ( can be for my Birthday and just because).
- Favourites Beauty Products of 2017 (here). Always love picking my absolute favourites, and this post features the ones from from 2017.
5 Features With The Most Views
Long time readers will know how I do not really share personal things, however, this month I’ve got married, and I wanted to share the products I’ve used on the big day. Of course, I did my own makeup.
I’ve tried many products and product combos but, in the end, I’ve just decided to use my beloved Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector (here). This is a slightly tinted primer which leaves your skin glowing and luminous. For my very dry skin it is perfect. It is a primer so barely gives any coverage but is great for adding radiance and creating that “healthy” polished look. I’ve covered all the little imperfections I’ve had with the MAC Pro Concealer and Corrector Palette in Light ( Amazon and Amazon UK) slightly powdered the t-zone with the Rouge Bunny Rouge Flawless Face Powder Precious Velvet (review). It it the only powder I use, not a fan of powder on myself. I’ve added some Highlighting Liquid Seas of Illumination in Sea Of Tranquility (review) , also by RBR, where I wanted to have more glow. I’ve chosen a cool-toned highlighter to go well with my cool toned lipstick and nail varnish. To add some warmth to my face I’ve used two of my absolute favourites – theBalm Balm Desert (review) and Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Golden Glow (review). I’ve mentioned both products so many times that I won’t go into much details again, I just bloody love both. And I always use Daniel’s blushers on brides so used my favourite shade on myself, as well. Besides the old favourites I’ve decided to try a new product for me (used it only twice before) –Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift (Nordstrom and Liberty ) and it did not disappoint. It is a
I am happy to share the look that was created by Hourglass Artistic Director Gina Brooke for the Imitation of Christ Spring 2012 runway show which took a place on the 8th September at the W Hotel at Union Square.
“The theme of the show was a super-chic wedding party and designer Tara Subkoff orchestrated the affair to seem like a lighthearted walk down the aisle. To accompany the distinctly romantic and playful mood, Brooke devised a look that showcased flawless skin, vivid eyes and pale lips. “It’s about clean, beautiful and memorable makeup—it is a wedding after all,” says Brooke. “This look is timeless, it’s never going to go out of style.”
Even the inspirations testified to the classic motif: Elizabeth Taylor in A Place in the Sun (1951), Grace Kelly in To Catch A Thief (1955), and Catherine Deneuve in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, a 1964 French musical.”
- Each model was prepped with a new Primer Serum, launching in Summer 2012, which treats your skin as it prepares it for makeup. It is a silky, luxurious oil blend that glides on to create a retexturized surface for foundation, hydrates the complexion and triggers a sensory experience with a host of fragrant essential oils. Suitable for all skin types. Formulated with
Spring/Summer is know as the time of the weddings and although the most anticipated wedding is already behind us there will be many, many more weddings. Maybe you plan your own wedding soon 😉
Urban Decay introduces their newest kit which is called the Urban Bribe and is actually dedicated to the premiere of the Bridesmaids film. UD has a competition right now so may want to visit their website for the details.
So here is what the set contains:
Razor Sharp Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder to diffuse lines for a flawless airbrushed look.
Urban Decay’s best-selling original formula Eyeshadow Primer Potion (full-sized) and Supercurl Curling Mascara to keep her eyes looking fresh.
Lip Junkie Lipgloss in