Tag: Christmas gift guide
When it comes to skincare and body care, there are a lot of brands that I like, but there are four that I have been using religiously and loving for many years now, and I am talking about Clarins, Elemis, REN and Aromatherapy Associates.
It was hard to pick only one set from each but I’ve managed. Here are two sets for face and two for body.
Clarins Moisture Must-Haves, £35
- HydraQuench Cream Normal to dry skin 50 ml
- HydraQuench Intensive Serum Bi-Phase 15 ml
- HydraQuench Cream-Mask 15 ml
- Makeup bag
HydraQuench range is my favourite from Clarins and I have tried a lot of their products, and it is the best time to stock up, and I always get one of their Christmas sets, great savings!
REN Instant Beauty Heroes, £50
REN is another brand that I love buying from during the holidays to save some money.
- Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask 50ml “A potent exfoliating mask formulated to renew the complexion, dramatically improve skin tone and radiance and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.”
- Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot 30ml “A gel-serum that instantly firms, lifts and plumps the skin to leave it looking dramatically smoother, tighter and more youthful. A liquid matrix of Hyaluronans supercharges the skin with firming moisture and encourages elastin synthesis to firm and remodel the skin over time.”
- Flash Rinse 1 Minute Facial 75ml “A transforming treatment that instantly revitalises and visibly rejuvenates the skin. Formulated with potent water-activated Vitamin C it will neutralise urban grey in a flash, leaving skin looking firm and glowing with renewed health and radiance.”
Believe it or not, but I have already bought some Christmas presents for my family which is very unlike me, as I usually get everything very last minute. One of the main reasons for that is that I struggle to keep my presents a secret, and I want to give them straight away!
This is why a new #ChristmasGiftGuide feature is here for those of you who love shopping for the gifts early. Hopefully, these posts will help you to pick the best offerings from the overwhelming new beauty launches.
In my opinion, you just can’t go wrong with a luxury candle. And here is this season’s offering from Diptyque. The most hyped up candle brand. Ever.
This year’s release:
As I’ve mentioned before, perfumes sample sets (usually 2-3 ml) and discovery collections (at least 5 ml-10ml) are some of the best beauty gifts you can get!
It can be risky to get a full sized bottle, unless you know for sure what kind of scent the person loves. If not, getting a collection of samples is always a great idea, as there are so many new fragrances to discover.
And this year I am loving Maison Francis Kurkdjian The Fragrance Wardrobe ( for her, 8 x 11 mL) $195 from Neiman Marcus. You get:
I know that a lot of readers are wondering what to get their husbands/boyfriends (or even brothers/fathers/male friends) for Christmas.
This is why I have asked “men from my life” what they would like to get – to share with you some ideas. I just hope that now they won’t think that I am getting all those things for them… 😉
I have promised not to give away their names, so here are just the quotes and age group. Most of my male friends are 30-35 but I have asked several younger and several older men, for the variety. 1 “Post shaving products. I’d prefer my favourite brand, but it’s not that important, as long, as they are good” (At least four men said that).
- My recommendation: Geo F Trumper ( and US link). I plan to get some products for my brother and Dad, in fact.
2 “A good facial cream. I have started using them after your (Ed. – that’d be mine) recommendation, and now I can’t imagine not having one. Every men needs it! I love Dior and Shiseido.” (Age group 30-35)
3. ” A new cologne would be amazing. I love
I’ve written about fragrance diffusers some time ago but I still did not get a chance to get one. So when I was browsing on-line shops looking for something I may like, these diffusers caught my attention.
They are from a brand called Compagnie de Provence. I’ve never tried anything from this brand (turns out they celebrated 20th Anniversary in 2010) but a lot of products look promising.
And there are also eight diffusers that retail for €19.50. You can choose from Mediterranean, Olive and Lavender, Fig Of Provence, Orange Blossom, Wild Rose, Cherry Blossom, Fresh Verbena, and Grapefruit. The refill, 200ml, is €14.90. These come in clear glass with colourful prints.
My Mum would definitely appreciate such gift.
You can see the rest at their website. They have an on-line US shop, too.