Tag: favourite beauty
I have featured “inside my Mum’s makeup bag” a few times, and while I definitely have to post an updated version, I thought it would be fun to show which products my husband’s Mum uses. To be honest, I almost never read about celebrity’s makeup bags but I am always curious to see what family and friends love.
So here we go:
Just like my Mum, my Mother-in-Law likes a good base, a cheek/face product, a lipstick and a mascara. Just the shades are different, as they have a different colouring.
Speaking of Clinique,
Last year I posted my favourite features to work on during the 2018 so I would like to do the same with 2019. Here is a round-up of the posts which I loved writing the most in the last 12 months.
- Makeup4all turns 10 – here. How crazy is that? Makeup4all has been around since February 2009, and it is still going, and I still love writing about beauty and makeup.
- Victoria Beckham Beauty – here. I was very excited about the launch. In fact, I was refreshing the page to see if the product finally launched while I was at the wedding which says a lot. I’ve ordered two items I wanted straight away.
- Aromatherapy rolls round-up – here. I am obsessed with anything de-stressing and relaxing so I loved writing this feature, I hope you found it helpful, too.
- Rouge Bunny Rouge reviews: blushes and lipsticks. And primer. Yes, I am well aware that I’ve just included 3 posts but I do really love writing about Rouge Bunny Rouge, they are still among my top favourite brands and I am always excited to try their new launches and share with you. By the way, they very kindly offered my readers 20% off with the code RBR-BLOGQ4 until the 31st March 2020 (this is not affiliated in any way).
- My rose scented beauty products obsession continues here. I have even more now so better update it soon.
It is always exciting to share about the favourite beauty products of the whole year, and I have been doing so for a while, here is a look back to 2018.
When I was thinking about the favourite beauty products of 2019, I had to look back at:
And, although I had an idea of of the products I wanted to include this made it even easier. Now, most of the products I have written in details about, so I will link to those posts.
1 Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
2. Annick Goutal Rose Pompon Perfume,from Harrods and Bergdorf. It has the notes of Bulgarian rose essence, taïf rose, peony, blackcurrent, rasberry, pink pepper, woody cedar, patchouli and white musk. And it is just my dream scent, I never want to be without it, ever.
You must be shocked, right? Rose candles and I… Linked above you can see a few that I’ve enjoyed the most this year. Need MORE!
4. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift Concealer (review and swatches).
Brilliant product: not heavy, doesn’t sit in the fine lines, makes you look fresh and not so tired. Isn’t it what we all want?
5. The Balm Balm Desert, £17.50 here
Not only it has been featured in 2018 but also in 2017, it is my hands down, favourite cheek product, I just use a big fluffy brush to give my face some definition and to warm it up. Balm Desert is in the middle.
6. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush
I did not write “monthly favourites” features recently, so I will try to combine my winter favourites in one post. But since I could go on, and on I will be very strict with myself and will only allow 10 things. Wish me luck!
Oh, and happy 1st of March! How is it Spring already?
In winter I really enjoyed trying new fragrances, reading about them, and listening to podcasts about perfumery. I especially loved these episodes about Jo Malone and Frederic Malle. I’ve acquired a few sample sets which let me try new scents. I had to move a few times in Autumn, and, unfortunately, lost my Turin/Sanchez perfume book (Amazon/Amazon UK) in the process, so will have to get a new, 2018 addition. I also really want these little samples of Frederic Malle and Margiela magical creations. And a bottle of Le Labo Rose 31 (as seen here).
2. My Reds.
Would this even be a favourites feature from me without mentioning red nail varnishes? My two loves this winter were CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer in Red-Y To Roll, a true long-lasting red, a gorgeous classic, and Givenchy Le Vernis in 06 Carmi Escaprin, a punchy fiery orange based red.
3. Skincare Routine ( on Insta).
I am cheating here a bit, and just mentioning a lot of products but they all are phenomenal. I really have to write detailed reviews on each. But, so far, I can say that I’ve used them all for months and can see incredible results. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser, Darphin Ideal Resource Light Re-Birth Overnight Cream, Anne Semonin Precious Serum, Lierac Mesolift Fatigue Correction Ultra Vitamin Enriched Refreshing Serum. I swear by each product!
4. Good Mascaras.
I love me a gel nail polish, and I envy those girls who can wear gels non stop but after having had them for a few months without a break I had to stop for a while, as my nails were getting weak and just flaky.
But I also do love a good ol’ red nail polish so don’t mind painting the nails myself occasionally. But since then I had to start getting into base/top coats/cuticle oil/ you name it. And I also had to purchase a nail varnish remover.
It escapes me why on earth I have never tried anything decent. I’ve always went for those cheap acetone based ones. But this time I’ve decided to try something milder, and