Tag: favourite makeup
It is always exciting to share about the favourite beauty products of the whole year, and I have been doing so for a while, here is a look back to 2018.
When I was thinking about the favourite beauty products of 2019, I had to look back at:
And, although I had an idea of of the products I wanted to include this made it even easier. Now, most of the products I have written in details about, so I will link to those posts.
1 Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
2. Annick Goutal Rose Pompon Perfume,from Harrods and Bergdorf. It has the notes of Bulgarian rose essence, taïf rose, peony, blackcurrent, rasberry, pink pepper, woody cedar, patchouli and white musk. And it is just my dream scent, I never want to be without it, ever.
You must be shocked, right? Rose candles and I… Linked above you can see a few that I’ve enjoyed the most this year. Need MORE!
4. Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift Concealer (review and swatches).
Brilliant product: not heavy, doesn’t sit in the fine lines, makes you look fresh and not so tired. Isn’t it what we all want?
5. The Balm Balm Desert, £17.50 here
Not only it has been featured in 2018 but also in 2017, it is my hands down, favourite cheek product, I just use a big fluffy brush to give my face some definition and to warm it up. Balm Desert is in the middle.
6. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush
I did not write “monthly favourites” features recently, so I will try to combine my winter favourites in one post. But since I could go on, and on I will be very strict with myself and will only allow 10 things. Wish me luck!
Oh, and happy 1st of March! How is it Spring already?
In winter I really enjoyed trying new fragrances, reading about them, and listening to podcasts about perfumery. I especially loved these episodes about Jo Malone and Frederic Malle. I’ve acquired a few sample sets which let me try new scents. I had to move a few times in Autumn, and, unfortunately, lost my Turin/Sanchez perfume book (Amazon/Amazon UK) in the process, so will have to get a new, 2018 addition. I also really want these little samples of Frederic Malle and Margiela magical creations. And a bottle of Le Labo Rose 31 (as seen here).
2. My Reds.
Would this even be a favourites feature from me without mentioning red nail varnishes? My two loves this winter were CND Creative Play Nail Lacquer in Red-Y To Roll, a true long-lasting red, a gorgeous classic, and Givenchy Le Vernis in 06 Carmi Escaprin, a punchy fiery orange based red.
3. Skincare Routine ( on Insta).
I am cheating here a bit, and just mentioning a lot of products but they all are phenomenal. I really have to write detailed reviews on each. But, so far, I can say that I’ve used them all for months and can see incredible results. Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser, Darphin Ideal Resource Light Re-Birth Overnight Cream, Anne Semonin Precious Serum, Lierac Mesolift Fatigue Correction Ultra Vitamin Enriched Refreshing Serum. I swear by each product!
4. Good Mascaras.
As promised, here is a feature about my favourite makeup of 2018. It was supposed to be makeup and beauty but I am already almost on 1200 words so had to divide the feature into 2 parts. I’ve chosen the products that I love and used the most hence some of them may look a bit grubby but it does show that they are true favourites.
Rouge Bunny Rouge SERENE LIGHT Skin Perfector (here). This is a slightly tinted primer which leaves your skin glowing and luminous. For my very dry skin it is perfect. It is a primer so barely gives any coverage but is great for adding radiance and creating that “healthy” polished look. I have used it on my wedding day, and used it up completely. Absolutely incredible! Gets big thumbs up from me.
The “foundation” I loved the most this year. A very light and moisturising one, feels light on the skin, and gives a light (to medium) coverage. According to Chanel, it contains a hyaluronic acid derivative and a complex of cotton flower and white rose plant cells. It has a relatively strong scent but I personally like it. Another thing I love about it is a chic and minimalistic tube. And SPF 15, of course.
IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Lift In a Tube. Dual Ended Full Coverage Anti-Aging Concealer and Brightener (in Light). I am not sure if the name of this product could be even longer. (From Selfridges and Sephora)
Long time readers will know how I like only very light textures under my eyes hence I am such a fan of Touche Eclat (I’ve used many many tubes) and this Rouge Bunny Rouge gem. The same goes with this product, I did not use the concealer side at all. However, the Illuminator is incredible, I have almost used it up. It does not enhance the fine lines, while reflecting the light which brightens the under eye area. Just don’t expect it to cover the dark circles completely, it is not the task of this product. I wonder if this Illuminator is available individually. It seems like there is one with the same name ( It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Light).
4 theBalm Balm Desert (review).
I feel like the next two products do not need an introduction, as I’ve been talking about them non stop. I am determined to use this bronzer/blush until I am completely done with it. It sculpts and gives colour at the same time. You get definition and a healthy glow with Balm Desert. I also love the finish, it is not matte but not shimmery. Everything about it is great, including the cute cardboard packaging.
5 Daniel Sandler Watercolour in Golden Glow (review).
It’s like a healthy post-holiday glow in a bottle. A shimmery bronze which
It feels as if I was writing about my 16 favourite features from 2016 only yesterday, and now it is time to look back at 2017. Although, I have to admit, that 2017 was not the most productive year website wise, there were still a lot of posts I loved putting together.
Once again, these are the articles I loved writing the most, I will also put together a round up of the features that got the most views which will be interesting to see.
- Makeup Trend: Eye Gloss (here). Probably my favourite feature of 2017.
2. Exclusive Interview with Ellis Faas, Make-Up Artist (here).I feel so privileged to be able to talk with talented and creative people from the industry.
3. My Birthday Wish List (here). I do have most of the items from the list now. Being obsessed with the lists, it helped me to see on what items I actually needed/wanted. Should probably post one for this year as well.
4. Another interview. This time with Adina from A England Nail Polish Brand (here). She is such a cool lady and her cat is just the cutest.
5. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set For Cheeks Review and Swatches (here).I love Daniel’s blushers and it was a pleasure writing about this set, besides, it is simply gorgeous.
6. I always try to write monthly beauty favourites, and in 2017 loved the
I have already posted the most viewed features of 2016 but here are, as promised, my personal favourite posts (narrowed it down to 16) that I’ve published in the last year. And it actually feels weird that it is almost the end of the first month of 2017, time flies!
It took me forever to go through all the features I have published last year, so I hope you enjoy. And do share the ones you’ve liked the best yourself.
1.Beauty Inspiration: Futuristic and Dystopian (here). I was very into this theme in 2016, and I still like it.
2. Current Hand Cream Obsessions: Soap & Glory and & Other Stories (here). I am a big fan of hand creams, and always love discovering new good ones.
3. Nail Of The Day: Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (here). My favourite nail polish ever, I am on my third bottle.
4. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania Review and Lip Swatches (here). Probably the most