Tag: red nail polish
Eyeliner + mascara and red nails are the most “me” makeup products. I feel my best when I am wearing good eye makeup and a good red nail varnish.
I have had a few favourites during the years, such as:
And now it’s time to share my favourite red of 2021 so far!
And it is…
Essie 61 Russian Roulette Nail Polish
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
I loved looking back at the most popular (most viewed) features of 2017, and the ones I personally loved writing the most so decided to do the same this year, as well. But I am combining them in one post now.
My Personal Top 5
These are the features that I wrote in 2018 that I loved working on. And, although I love all of them, here are the ones that stood out.
- Bridal Beauty: The Products I’ve Used On My Wedding Day (here).I loved writing about the products I’ve used on my wedding day. I did my own makeup, obviously.
- Nails Of The Day: Dior Pandore. Forever Red (here). This is a love letter to my red nail varnishes. Can’t live without red manicure, really.
- Holiday: Beauty Edition (here). The feature brings so many memories our a lovely time in Cyprus. I also shared the makeup/beauty products I took with me.
- My Christmas 2018 Wish List (here).It took forever to put this list together, as these are truly the items I want. Although the Christmas is long gone, I would still want all of those items ( can be for my Birthday and just because).
- Favourites Beauty Products of 2017 (here). Always love picking my absolute favourites, and this post features the ones from from 2017.
5 Features With The Most Views
I am the biggest red manicure fan ever, and quite frankly red nail polish is one of my favourite makeup product, it feels very me. And while I have been a huge fan of Max Factor Cerise, and used up 3 bottles of it, I’ve decided to treat myself to some high end red nail polishes.
So please meet these beauties: YSL 6 Red Dada and 754 Dior Pandore.
I would say that Dior nail polishes are probably my favourite high end ones, I love the wide and thin brush, the formula and the application. Below I am wearing
February Favourites when it is the end of March…It is better late than never, right?
I am still using/loving all the products which I have featured in my January favourites but there are a few other products which I have added to my routine.
Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (review and swatch)
I am having a break from my gel manicures so I am re-discovering the joys of changing the nail colours every few days, and of course Cerise from Max Factor made an appearance. I am on my third bottle, and I am obsessed with this bright fiery red which looks opaque with only one coat.
Great formula which can be worn as an opaque true matte (ruby) red, or as a stain by gently tapping it in with the fingers. This may sound like such a cliche but I feel so glamourous and confident whenever I am wearing it, the lipstick for dates. The formula is also nice, I do not find it to be drying.