Some of you asked to share my makeup work with you, so here is one of the looks that I really like! It was supposed to be cat eyes and red lips but I have no idea what happened with me. I just started packing the black eye shadows on. I guess I was thinking about this look by Rouge Bunny Rouge.
But obviously it’s not so dramatic and more wearable, although I know that most of you probably won’t wear anything like this out so it is still a more editorial/fun look.
My friend is super gorgeous so it was fun making her up.
So here are the products that I’ve used on her:
- Make Up For Ever HD Primer
- Max Factor Foundation in Creamy Ivory, read my review here.
- Revlon ColorStay Concealer in Light, great affordable concealer, will write a review about it soon.
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl, this is my #1 highlighter, I’ve been promising you a review for ages now, I am sorry, will change it!
- Benefit Hoola Bronzer, for very light contouring, read my review here.
- Make Up For Ever HD Powder, read my review here.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Zero eye liner, as a base, read my review here.
- NARS Night Clubbing eye shadow, read my review here.
- Urban Decay Cobra eye shadow. It is from the Black Palette which I’ve been meaning to review for ages.
- Illamasqua Precision Ink in Abyss, read my review here
- Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, read my review here.
- Clear lip gloss on top, you can use any brand. You can use an eye gloss if you have, but I don’t.
Use Zero eye pencil as a base, push Night Clubbing and Cobra eye shadows on top, blend the edges. Line the eye with Illamasqua’s liner and any black eye pencil on the waterline, make sure everything is black! Put some gloss over the top.
- Inglot Gel Lipstick #50, absolutely love it and will write about it soon.
I was thinking about the red lips so I had lots of red lipsticks and glosses with me, but when I’ve done the eye I saw that I should really go for nude lips. Luckily I’ve had a nude lipstick in my personal makeup bag. I’ve wanted it to be matte so I’ve used some concealer before the lipstick and blotted it with a tissue in the end.
So what do you think? Would you wear such makeup? I think it looks great on young girls! It doesn’t have to be too neat (it will smudge anyway) but don’t go overboard and don’t bring the black up to the brows. Also remember that if you are wearing such dramatic eyes to keep the rest of your face neutral!
I would like to thank my lovely friend K. who took the photo.