Do you know why I am always waiting for the new collections? I hope to see the item that I want/need/MUST get for myself! I remember when I first saw YSL Fall 2010 makeup collection I instantly fell in love with the # 7 Bronze Gold Ombrés 5 Lumieres palette.
I was extremely happy when I got it. I should have written the review long time ago because it’s already time to talk about YSL 2010 fall collection. But it’s better late than never.
So what do I love so much about these shadows
Or should I say adore? 😉
- It’s a pure high-end item, everything about it is so elegant and luxury.
- I got these palette because of the colours, they are amazing!
Brown – beautiful golden brown shade
Yellow – shiny yellow
Highlighter – the most amazing shadows, shimmery golden shade ( I need a dupe)
Khaki – shimmery khaki shade
Eyeliner – matte brown shade, I use it for the bows sometime and also to line the eyes.
- I think these are quite unique shades for a high-end brands because there are not that many yellow shadows among luxury companies. I can think about shu uemura and Shiseido righ now.
- This palette is perfect for summer, especially if you have tanned skin.
- YSL is one of my fave makeup brands so the fact that it’s a palette from this brand made it even more special!
What I don’t like about it
- In some countries the price is insane, I got mine for ~ €60 (I don’t remember exactly) but I know that in some countries it is about $100 which is too much.
- You always leave a lot of fingerprints of the package but it’s not really important.
I don’t know what I was thinking about when I made the swatches because they are in a very strange order:Khaki, highlighter, yellow, bronze and eyeliner. Of course these are not the official names!
Would I recommend It?
I would although I understand that some of you may find it too expensive. But I am very happy that I got mine and I would get more shades of Ombrés 5 Lumieres but right now I don’t see any palette that I like as much as I like Bronze Gold.
And what do you think? Do you have favourite shadows from a high-end brand?
9 thoughts on “YSL Ombres 5 Lumieres Shadows in Bronze Gold Review and Swatches”
It looks stunning! They look so pigmented, nothing like the #04 I tried. :/
And yes, here they cost $100 O.o
I remember you told me 🙁
Yes, this palette is gorgeous, I am very happy with it.
The colors are great! If u have dark skin use a lighter eyeshadow like silver… if u have a lighter color then uses darker and more vibrant colors.
Love this palette, the colors look beautiful and so pigmented!
I think this palette is so beautiful,
I do not have any products from YSL apart from the Touch Eclat and this definitely makes me want to try more things,
This palatte is really amazing and I absolutely love the colours x
I’m with you….YSL makes absolutely stunning eyeshadows! I picked up this palette Fall 2009 though (there were 2 in that collection: Bronze Gold & Midnight)…but I still love everything about it, especially that bright yellow/chartreuse colour…never seen anything like it anywhere! The colour combinations are endless too! Love it!!
Oh, yes, this palette is gorgeous and the quality is amazing. If you like these colours you may also like the Khaki Egerie palette by Givenchy http://www.makeup4all.com/givenchy-prisme-yeux-quatuor-eye-shadows-review/
This palette is gorgeous! In the UK it is £40.00, but if anyone is interested, I just got mine for £10.00 on amazon. I couldn’t believe the price, but I am sure it is a genuine product!