Tag: luxury face powder
Regular readers know that I am not a big powder user ( I have a lot of different powders in my kit; but this is the only one that I use on myself). But even I, with my very dry skin, like some powder on a hot and humid day. To a)make my makeup last longer b)mattify my T-zone a bit.
This is why today I want to tell you about my personal favourite powder which is Rouge Bunny Rouge Flawless Face Powder Precious Velvet.
I’ve had it for 2 years now, so I am not sure why it took me so long to write about it…
Why do I like it?
- It doesn’t enhance the dry patches on the skin that I may have and doesn’t dry out my skin.
- I don’t feel this powder on my face, it is very lightweight.
- The brand says that it melds with the skin, and I totally agree. It is not visible at all. You just get a perfected and flawless finish.
- I like the effect Precious Velvet gives, it mattifyes but doesn’t make your face look flat and life-less, you skin shows through.
- For me personally, the effect lasts all day, but if you very have oily skin, you may need a special matte powders. I haven’t tried it on anyone with such skintype so can’t make any comments. But on girls with normal skin it worked amazing, as well.
- As for the main ingredients, Rouge Bunny Rouge list the following: “Papaya Fruit Extract as a natural “face lift” and skin softener, plus Hyssop Extract with soothing properties. Rice Powder imparts a perfectly natural, non-shiny finish. “
CHANEL are launching a new product – Vitalumière Compact Douceur, a new lightweight and compact foundation powder that offers radiance and comfort.
According to press release, this is a very soft, lightweight and luminous powder compact with peach extract. It was inspired by the optic technology of plasma screens and has the combination of three pigments (red, green and blue) which help to diffuse white light with a sheer finish. Available in two harmonies Beige Rose for an anti fatigue effect and Beige – for a natural coverage.
VITALUMIÈRE COMPACT DOUCEUR £42.50
(Lightweight Compact Makeup. Radiance, Softness and Comfort SPF 10)
Beige Rose 12, Beige Rose 22, Beige Rose 32; Beige 10, Beige 20, Beige 30, Beige 40 and
Today I’ve decided to keep my makeup minimal, as I will spend most of my time (and money, le segh) choosing the items for my home makeover.
I’ve started with the brand’s Aqua Primer, it has a lovely light texture that smooths the face and doesn’t clog the pores. Then I have applied Benefit’s Erase Paste under the eyes which is brilliant for counteracting the blue tones. I have finished off with Rouge Bunny Rouge’s Flawless face Powder Precious Velvet in Piano Forte. It has a medium coverage and feels light on the skin. I don’t usually use powders but am experimenting with some at the moment.
To give myself some glow, I have dabbed Benefit’s High Beam on the cheek bones, under the brow bone, above the upper lip and on the bridge of the nose. From
Givenchy Antigona bag is currently on top of my wish list so I am totally in love with the brand’s LE PRISME ENCHANTÉ Embellishing Luminous Powder – Face & Blush ( £42 / €65.50) which is a part of their Christmas collection.
It is like my new favourite “toy”, I have been using it every single day ever since I’ve got it.
This is how the design looks like.
You get a makeup brush to use with this powder/blush and four different shades that can be used separately or mixed together.
Some are cool toned and some are warm toned. All shades give a delicate shimmer as they have a finely milled texture, it doesn’t look like you have glitter or shimmer on you face, just a beautiful glow.
I love using it as a