May means that pretty much all of the summer collections are out, including all the pretty bronzers. I have chosen six that caught my eye. But it seems that I will have to feature more a bit later.
Chanel duo bronze et lumièreBronzer And Highlighter Duo, $70 from Chanel
As all bronzers in this feature, it comes in 2 shades: Clair and Medium (shown). You get a matte bronzer and an iridescent highlighter. I looks pretty perfect to me.
How cool are the LIBERTÉ, EGALITÉ, FEMININITÉ writings on the bronzer? You get 4 shades in each compact to bronze and contour. You can get 1 Warm Liberte or 2 Warm Sensualite.
Clarins summer bronzers are some of the best on the market, I still really love
Mascara is probably the makeup product. And usually even those ladies who are not into makeup love themselves some mascara so I’ve decided to dedicate this week to mascaras, and we will start with looking at my all time favourites. I’ve selected six: five black and my all time favourite colourful mascara.
Here we go:
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 10 Noir Review
- Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara review)
- Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara Review
- YSL Faux Cils Mascara Review
- HOURGLASS Caution Extreme Lash Mascara review
A few of these are a cult classic, and for a reason, I must say. Hourglass mascara was launched relatively recently but it took the beauty world by storm. Smith and Cult is the
So let’s take a look at cheek palettes, and there are quite a few, these are just the ones I’ve chosen.
Without a doubt, the most covetable palette of the SS19 season will be this lill gem from Chanel – Voyage de Chanel (£52 from the website) which is a blush/illuminating powders quad.
- Paris – A fresh and satiny pink blush that recreates the flush of brisk air of Paris along the banks of the Seine River.
- London – A deep coral blush, inspired by the colourful façades of the Portobello Market in Notting Hill.
- New York – A satiny powder that brings to mind the metallic golden finish of the Brooklyn Bridge.
- Tokyo – A subtly rosy illuminating powder that recalls the poetic grace of cherry blossoms in Japan.
Besides Chanel, there are a few other gorgeous palettes to choose from:
Highlighters in sticks is nothing new, and a lot of brands have those but I have noticed that it is a micro trend for Spring. And it is a great format, quite frankly, and I can totally see why more brands are bringing one out!
Easy to use on the go, beautiful creamy texture, instant pick-me-up, glow giver. What is not to love?
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are