After the luxury beauty gift guide, here is the opposite, the affordable option. And I’ve kept it all under £10. Most of the products I have and love, so can definitely recommend them. Only two from the list I haven’t tried but they’ve caught my attention, and I wanted to include them.
So here we go.
1. Mavala Extra Mild Nail Polish Remover, £7.86 from Amazon.
I honestly do not want to be using any other nail varnish remover after discovering this. Have used up 3 bottles already, and it’s just the best.
2. Ice Roller, £9.99 from Amazon.
I do have a pink quartz roller but nothing de-puffs the face quite like this. And it is a very nice and cooling sensation. You can see mine here.
3. Scalp Massager, from £5 from Amazon.
This is a pretty cool and inexpensive little gadget that I really enjoy using myself, and would definitely recommend. Scalp massage is one of the best things in this life, I am convinced.
4. Lanolips Rose Hand Cream Everyday, £9.99 from Cult Beauty
Mascara is probably the makeup product. And usually even those ladies who are not into makeup love themselves some mascara so I’ve decided to dedicate this week to mascaras, and we will start with looking at my all time favourites. I’ve selected six: five black and my all time favourite colourful mascara.
Here we go:
- Chanel Le Volume de Chanel Mascara in 10 Noir Review
- Dior DiorShow Extase Mascara review)
- Smith & Cult Lash Dance Mascara Review
- YSL Faux Cils Mascara Review
- HOURGLASS Caution Extreme Lash Mascara review
A few of these are a cult classic, and for a reason, I must say. Hourglass mascara was launched relatively recently but it took the beauty world by storm. Smith and Cult is the
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
February Favourites when it is the end of March…It is better late than never, right?
I am still using/loving all the products which I have featured in my January favourites but there are a few other products which I have added to my routine.
Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (review and swatch)
I am having a break from my gel manicures so I am re-discovering the joys of changing the nail colours every few days, and of course Cerise from Max Factor made an appearance. I am on my third bottle, and I am obsessed with this bright fiery red which looks opaque with only one coat.
Great formula which can be worn as an opaque true matte (ruby) red, or as a stain by gently tapping it in with the fingers. This may sound like such a cliche but I feel so glamourous and confident whenever I am wearing it, the lipstick for dates. The formula is also nice, I do not find it to be drying.
I am very happy to share that today Makeup4all turns 9, it is as if I wrote this feature about it turning 5 yesterday. I honestly can’t believe it. So much has changed since that time. Considering that it is also Valentine’s Day, I though I would share some features that are appropriate for the occasion. And for me VDay means red and roses, not like any other day is different.
Everything You Need To Know About Red Lipstick (here). I have written so many articles about red lipsticks over the years, and that is just a round up. And if you are wondering about my current favoruite red – that is this one.
And let’s not forget about the red Nail Polishes (here). Especially about