My Mum doesn’t really wear makeup that much, and when she does she wants it to be quick, effortless and very easy. She will never be blending 5 eye shadows or mixing lipsticks together.
After analysing her lifestyle and listening to her concerns, here are the four products we’ve added to her routine (she does use foundation and mascara for special occasions or when she is feeling like it). She has great skin, especially for her age, and dark lashes and eye brows so we’ve decided that a bit of concealer, and colour for the lips and cheeks will be enough. I’ve also insisted on
I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
I am sorry for the lack of updates but I have been very busy with work and one project I am currently involved in. But since I have decided to sort out my makeup, I’ve wanted to post about some of the affordable eye shadow palettes that I am passing onto my friends (three of them,
one I am keeping for myself).
I am also giving away like 30 lipsticks which makes me kind of proud. I should really give away a lot more, but I could never bring myself to parting with my precious. Think Gollum from The Lord Of The Rings, ahem.
But here are the palettes.
And they are Max Factor, Maybelline, L’Oreal and Makeup Revolution.
This is the one that I am keeping for myself. But, in my defense, I am giving away some other palettes not shown on the photo. While the photo is not the best quality you can still see how incredibly pigmented these eye shadows are. They are really smooth and
This time the new products for face, lips and eyes are budget friendly with H & M, Soap & Glory and Maybelline latest releases.
Maybelline Master Contour V-Shape, £6.99 from Boots
“The clever “v” shaped, dual-sided applicator boasts a cream-matte contour and highlighter that effortlessly blend into skin.” I am loving the Maybelline powder contour and highlighter duo, and this one looks like a nice addition.
Available in 2 shades: Light and Medium
The brand brought out 24 shades in three finishes:
Can you actually believe that it is May, the fifth month of the year?! Time flies, it feels as if it was 1st of January only yesterday. And this month I actually have quite a few products, including some amazing new discoveries.
Max Factor Glossfinity Nail Polish in 85 Cerise (review and swatches)
I have already finished a bottle of this, and am going through my second one, and I am wearing this, as I type, too. Such a gorgeous vibrant, juicy and glossy warm-toned red, it brightens up any look, and (almost) any mood. I am a fan.
For complexion I have been using these two products almost daily: Diorskin Nude Skin-Glowing Make-Up in Ivory (review and face swatches) Rouge Bunny Rouge Naked Disguise Concealer in Castalia.
Dior’s foundation is simply brilliant, it is a re-discovery for me. I like the coverage it gives and the finish, it is not matte but not too dewy either. The shade, Ivory is the lightest in the range, and looks great even on my
currently greenish pale and tired complexion. As for the concealer, I plan on writing a detailed feature about it soon. Surprisingly, I have already used half of the tube, and the love is going strong. It gives just the kind of coverage I like – the formula is not thick but it brightens up the under eye area.
Other products I have been using all the time are Inglot Sculpting HD Powder in 504 (review) which I talk about non-stop, as it is my favourite product for adding