I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are not owned by big corporations, and which are doing something unique and high quality. Would it even be my list if I did not mention these 3 brands?
Daniel Sandler Watercolour Customisable Colour Set (review). Daniel’s most iconic product. You can get individual shades or this fabulous set! I’ve written so many times about these blushers, so feel free to take a look.
Rouge Bunny Rouge eye shadows (review). While I am a fan of everything from RBR, their eye shadows are probably the most famous and loved items. If I had to choose only one – it’d be Solstice Halcyon. But they all are out-of-this-world gorgeous!
Ellis Faas lip products (review). Unique concept and comfortable formulas. Such an underrated brand. I have tried almost all of their products, and could not love them more.
- Aromatherapy Associates Deep Relax Bath and Shower Oil (review). You simply cannot go wrong with this one, it’s a cult, multi-award winner for a reason. No matter how stressed and tense you are, this is a game changer. If you do not believe in aromatherapy, this gem will change your mind.
- Diptyque Candles These do not need an introduction. In fact, I am burning my Figuier as I type this. There are so many scents to choose from as well.But Diptyque brought out two special edition ones just for Valentine’s. Diptyque Centifolia and Damascena Mini Scented Candles Set, 2 x 70g (here)
- Hourglass Palettes (Cult Beauty,Nordstrom, Barneys, Sephora, Bergdorf Goodman,Net-A-Porter.com, Space.NK,) A real luxury makeup products, the textures are creamy and buttery, the colours are gorgeous, the packaging is very premium. No beauty lover can resist it, trust me.
- You do not have to spend a fortune on a good makeup product. I have chosen three: for lips, eyes and face that I swear by. Lanolips lip balms. (review). I am still yet to meet a person who is not blown away by these. Incredible lip saviours with a purse friendly price.
- Face Max Factor Blushers (review) I am the biggest fan of these blushes. And I have four out of six. In fact, I’ve only recently posted on Insta that I’ve repurchased one of the shades as I’ve used it up completely. Considering how many blushers I have, this is a big deal, trust me.
- Maybelline Master Smoky Shadow Pencil in Smoky Chocolate (review). I have to admit that I am not a big fan of high street mascaras, I just do not find them as good, as the luxury ones, also am I not the biggest fan of the liquid eye liners that are not from luxury brands, but I rate this Maybelline eye pencil very highly, everything about it is great!