Although I am not doing gift guides this year, I still wanted to share a last minute idea of what to get. I can’t think of anyone who would not be happy to receive a fragrance sample set. It’s always great to discover new scents and, maybe, get a full size in the future.
I have, in fact, bought perfume samples many times, both as gifts, and for myself. Moreover, I may have asked for a set this Christmas!
Discovery collections would usually cost you about £20-£30, even when it comes to luxury brands. But please keep in mind the price of a full bottle. Not everyone would want to (or would have the budget to) spend £250 on a bottle of perfume (Hello, Portrait of a Lady). That is if they did love a specific scent enough to do that…
So, here we are, the sets I have chosen. Something for everyone: from a budget option and a niche company to well-known and established luxury perfume power houses.
Malin + Goetz Fragrance Discovery Kit (£22 from here)
While I have not tried their perfume just yet, M&G make some of my favourite candles, hence I am sure their fragrances are also top quality! You get 6 different eau de parfum samples to play with: bergamot, cannabis, dark rum, leather, stem and vetiver. There is also a discount code when buying the set via the website to be used towards a full sized bottle.
Maja Njie Discovery Set, (£30 from here)
I encourage you to read more about Maja Njie everything about the brand is just beautiful. And this is the set I would definitely want to try myself in the future. Included are 5 scents to try and a
I can’t think of a more appropriate beauty product than a relaxing pillow mist for the times we are in. And it seems that I have tried most of them, and would like to share about the newest release. Jo Malone Lavender & Musk Pillow Mist which is a part of recent, LE, lavender collection.
As you would expect from Jo Malone, it comes in a beautiful minimalist glass bottle with a pastel lilac cap. Unlike their colognes, the pillow mist comes in a round bottle. You can tell straight away that it is a
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
Since I already posted about my favourite makeup products of 2018, it is time for beauty!
I am in my (early) 30s, and I have very dry skin which requires a lot of attention so I take my skincare seriously. I am aware that all of the products I am going to mention are high end but every single one works incredible for my skin, and none was a press sample, which proves that I do have a very high opinion about them and am ready to invest.
I do not care for celebrities, unless it is Victoria Beckham, and very few other ones in which case, I pay very close attention to her/their beauty recommendations. In fact, someone I know who works for a big beauty brand told me that the Beckhams are among very few celebs who offer to pay for the samples they are sent. I’ve had very high expectations for this cleanser (and yes, partly because Mrs. B loves it), and it did not disappoint. Everything about the Ultimate Cleanse is pure luxury: from the packaging to the formula. Rich texture makes it easy to massage in, you get that at-home-spa feeling. And the result are fab! Clean and glowing skin without any tightness. There is only one problem, now I want everything from the brand.
This is very pricey product but after reading the most glorious reviews ( and waiting when there was a sale) I had to get it. And, seriously, this serum is
I have to admit, that I’ve never had a posh advent beauty calendar, and every year more and more brands are coming out with their version. And since this December will be absolutely mental for me, I’ve decided to browse them, and maybe get one to cheer myself up.
And, yes, all the good ones sell out in a matter of days, so you have to get them as soon as they launch, which is usually October. Let’s take a look.
This is the one for me. I am not sure I could love/want this more. Out of all luxury advent calendars, this stands out the most to me. It contains so many brands that I already love, as well as the ones I still want to try. Gimme.
The price is £195 (£600 worth) from 24th of October from Liberty London.
The products: Votary Super Seed Facial Cream 50ml, Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara 3.5g, REN Perfect Canvas 30ml, Malin + Goetz Mini Eucalyptus Deodorant 28g, Omorovicza Illuminating Moisturiser 30ml, Byredo Blanche Hair Perfume 30ml, LIXIRSKIN Electrogel Cleanser 50ml, Dr Sebagh Serum Repair 30ml, Trish McEvoy Instant Eye Lift, Surratt La Bâton Rouge in Quaintrelle, Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel 50ml, Aromatherapy Associates Clear Mind Rollerball 10ml, Skin Laundry Wrinkle Release Sheet Mask, Le Labo Another 13 EDP 15ml, Diptyque Figuier Candle 70g, Susanne Kaufmann De-Stress Body Oil 30ml, QMS Hand Care 30ml, Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream 30ml, Bobbi Brown Crystal Lip Gloss, Davines Oi All-in-One Milk 50ml, Pixi Glow Tonic 100ml, Sam McKnight Cool Girl Mist 50ml, Aurelia Probiotic Skincare Revitalise and Brighten Eye Dew 10ml, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, Eve Lom Kiss Mix
Besides Liberty’s, there are quite a few other incredible offers:
Space NK £250 (worth £600) from 15th October at SpaceNK. A beauty lovers dream, the first ever advent calendar from the shop. This would be my second choice, after Liberty’s.
I mean, we are talking about: Christophe Robin – Volumizing Paste (75ml), De Mamiel – Cleansing Dew (20ml), Malin + Goetz – Dark Rum Votive (67g), Odacite – Vital Glow (5ml), Omorovizca – Queen of Hungary Mist (30ml), Oribe – Mystify Spray (50ml)
,Ouai – Wave Spray (30ml), Sunday Riley – Luna (15ml), Tata Harper – Regenerating Cleanser (50ml), Votary – Toning Serum (50ml). Just wow.
Net-a-Porter, Another debut, first