About time for me to write about my Winter 2020 favourites. If you want to check out my Autumn favourites, here they are.
So which products stood out to me beauty, style, books and shows wise?
Let’s start with makeup, as there are just a few products in this category:
YSL Touche Eclat, £26 from John Lewis, Harrods, Selfridges and Nordstrom. Touch Eclat needs no introduction, I’ve lost my count on how many of these I’ve used up. It has that a light-reflective effect which makes you look fresher; the formula is not heavy or detectable on the skin.
This is such a brilliant highlighter, it is more on the glowing side but without being over-the-top. Exactly the kind of product you would expect from Queen Tilbury. It gives you that incredible polished look.
Rouge Bunny Rouge new Glassy Gloss (review and swatches)
I wore quite a few of the new RBR glosses, I wrote a detailed review about them. Can be worn sheer stain-like or opaque and glossy. The one I chose for this feature is Berry Sorbet, a creamy opaque berry pink. For me it’s “my lips but better” kind of shade.
Burberry Cat Lashes Mascara, £24 from Burberry
Soft and flexible brush allows you to layer and built up the effect. I find it to be giving great result, elongating the lashes, opening up the eye and lasting all day long (on me at least).
byTerry Ligne Blackstar in So Black (review and swatches)
A long-time favourite. Intense, ultra black, long-lasting and
It is just such an incredible product, one of the best body scrubs I’ve ever used, and I have used a lot.
It is everything you’d want in a scrub: hydrating, nourishing and smoothing. It leaves the skin so soft and silky. And did I mention the
I love discovering new brands, and also products at great prices, this is why I am excited to collaborate with Cosmetify today.
It is a brilliant service with over 200,000 products from different brands and retailers. And you get pretty much everything: makeup, skincare, fragrances and beauty accessories. You name it.
I’ve already mentioned why I liked the experience with Cosmetify briefly, but let’s take a more detailed look.
- The discount information.
I was allowed to pick up a few complimentary products for this post, and here is what I chose:
- Burberry Cat Eyelashes Mascara for £18.95; originally £24.00 (22% off)
Anne SemoninOligo Cleansing Gel, £23.10; originally £33.00 (30% off)
- BY TERRY Ligne Blackstar Eyeliner So Black £16.95; originally £26.00 (35% off)
- REN Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish, £22.95; originally £35.00 (35% off)
As you can see,
It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
It’s like only yesterday I was writing about my favourite makeup products of 2016, and today I am already sharing about the favourites of the first month of 2017. Where did time go?
And it feels like I am talking about the same things over, and over again but I do love those products. However, I did discover some new gems this month.
This is definitely my favourite oil of the moment, it works even for my extremely dry skin type, saves it from being flaky and itchy, and smells amazing. Finally, a product I love as much, as my other REN Holy Grail.
J. R. Watkins Shea Butter Hand Cream (from Amazon)
My fried got this one in America, and she told me how this is a very rich and nourishing cream, and it is. While some people find such textures to be too much for their taste, I am a big fan, the cream leaves the skin ridiculously soft and smooth. And smells of honey and coconuts.
Carmex Moisture Lip Balm (from Amazon)
Another present, this time from my lovely Farrah. This product does not need an introduction, it is a cult favourite for a reason. I personally love the