It’s Mother’s Day this weekend, and I did plan on writing this feature earlier but it took longer than I’ve expected. And that is because I gave it a lot of thought, and while I am not a fan of a specific day to show love to your spouse (Valentine’s Day Gift guide)/parent/sibling/friend I do think it is a good idea to get something special just because, and on this day as well.
As I’ve mentioned, I gave this list a lot of thought, and some of the products from the list are very high end, and that is because our darling mums deserve it. However, I have also included 5 things under £30. There is a brief explanation about each item, as well. I have also asked myself “Would I get this for my mumma?”. And all of these got a yes!
- Sisley Black Rose Range (Net a Porter, Nordstrom,Space NK, John Lewis). I am including this because it is a must have of all the beauty editors and skincare experts. While I have not tried it yet I would love to, and would love to treat my mum and mum-in-law. Hopefully one day.
- Omorovicza – my reviews. While I have not tried Sisley, Omorovicza is my favourite high end skincare brand, and I obsessed with their products, and honestly think they are worth the price tag. In fact, I have asked for Omorovicza for my Birthday which shows just how much I love it. ( from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Feel Unique).
- Jo Malone London Cologne Collection Fragrance Gift Set (£70 John Lewis/ Nordstrom). You just can’t go wrong with Jo Malone, in fact I did get my mum their fragrances in the past for special occasions, and she loved them. And who wouldn’t? You can get a scent that you know she’d love, or just play safe and get a set of minis. The one shown includes: Pomegranate Noir, Peony & Blush Suede, Lime Basil & Mandarin, Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia (each is 9ml).
- Face Roller WHITE LOTUS A Grade Rose Quartz Facial Roller (£50 from Cult Beauty/Amazon). I really love my ice roller, and always hear how incredible those rose quartz face rollers are. Omorovicza also have one. I think it just feels nice and cooling on the face, and helps with de-puffing it. Basically a chic and beautiful tool.
- Perricone MD No Makeup Curated Collection Makeup Gift Set (John Lewis/Nordstrom). Having a Makeup4all name, I had to include at least one makeup product, right? And it had to be this set! I haven’t tried Perricone MD makeup myself but I saw how it looks on the skin, and it is incredible. I mean, this being a colour/skincare hybrid, so to speak, it is a win win situation. Chic colours, elegant packaging and effective results. The set contains: No Makeup Instant Blur, No Makeup Foundation Serum Broad Spectrum SPF 30,No Makeup Bronzer Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Blush Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Highlighter Broad Spectrum SPF 30, No Makeup Mascara, No Makeup Lipstick Broad Spectrum SPF 15.
Under £30 List
- Rouge Bunny Rouge Enchanting Blooms Lipsticks (€29 from here).You can’t really go wrong with a lipstick, and this beautiful balmy one from a niche brand is exactly what your mum would love. I have a photo of all shades over at my Insta.
- CHRISTOPHE ROBIN Volumising range. My husband got me a shampoo from this range, and it is absolutely incredible, everything about it. One product is definitely under £30 but I have noticed that the brand brought out Volumizing Hair Ritual Travel Kit ($45 from Sephora/ Net a Porter) which includes:1.35 oz/ 39.9 mL Cleansing Volumizing Paste with Pure Rassoul Clay and Rose Extracts; 2.54 oz/ 75.1 mL Volumizing Conditioner with Rose Extracts; 1.7 oz/ 50.25 mL Instant Volumizing Mist with Rose Water; Pouch. So you may want to get that one.
- Aesop Hand Washes (£27 from Cult Beauty /$39 from Net a Porter). I have included these because they are everywhere, and seem to be a cult favourite of beauty lovers all over the World. While I personally love my Weleda soap bars, Aesop soaps seem like a nice gift idea. And even if they do not live up to the hype, at least they look gorgeous. And I am currently using the hand creams, they do smell great.
- DEBORAH LIPPMANN Supervixen Gel Lab Pro Nail Polish Set, $24 (Net a Porter and Sephora). Because most ladies love painting their nails. In this set you get three ‘Gel Lab Pro’ nail polishes in the shades: ‘Kissing Strangers’ – deep, rich berry, ‘Double Bubble Trouble’ – soft, muted pink, ‘You’re My Disco’ – sparkling bronze with purple undertones. It comes in a pretty box, too. Supervixen name tho for Mother’s Day.
- REN Atlantic Kelp And Microalgae Anti-Fatigue Bath Oil/Atlantic Kelp And Magnesium Salt Anti-Fatigue Exfoliating Body Scrub ( £28 each from Nordstrom, Cult Beauty, Feel Unique, Sephora, Look Fantastic).REN is a brand I really like personally, and I think a magnesium product is always a good idea. The bath oil is something any mum would love.
While I do think it is great to get a nice gift, it is even more important to let your mum know how much you love her, and preferably on a regular basis not just on once a year.