It’s that time again when I share my seasonal favourites. Here is a look at my Summer picks, in case you’ve missed it. And here is what I’ve been loving this Autumn.
- Victoria Beckham Beauty eye makeup as seen here. I’ve been looking forward to the launch of the VB Beauty line, and picked up the eye products the day they launched, and was not disappointed. I have a very detailed review (linked above) so won’t repeat myself. While I did not pick up anything else, I am excited to see what else Victoria is going to launch. There is definitely a foundation coming our way.
2. Darphin Intral Environmental Lightweight Shield SPF 50, ( Space NK, John Lewis ) probably the best city spf I’ve ever used. Lightweight and slightly tinted, it is not greasy or oily at all, gives you that healthy glow and protects the skin. Darphin is one of my favourite beauty brands in general, and this product is not an exception.
After the luxury beauty gift guide, here is the opposite, the affordable option. And I’ve kept it all under £10. Most of the products I have and love, so can definitely recommend them. Only two from the list I haven’t tried but they’ve caught my attention, and I wanted to include them.
So here we go.
1. Mavala Extra Mild Nail Polish Remover, £7.86 from Amazon.
I honestly do not want to be using any other nail varnish remover after discovering this. Have used up 3 bottles already, and it’s just the best.
2. Ice Roller, £9.99 from Amazon.
I do have a pink quartz roller but nothing de-puffs the face quite like this. And it is a very nice and cooling sensation. You can see mine here.
3. Scalp Massager, from £5 from Amazon.
This is a pretty cool and inexpensive little gadget that I really enjoy using myself, and would definitely recommend. Scalp massage is one of the best things in this life, I am convinced.
4. Lanolips Rose Hand Cream Everyday, £9.99 from Cult Beauty
I really love the look of the new The Body Shop Raspberry collection. I am not gonna lie, I want absolutely everything. I have a thing for raspberry, both the berry and raspberry beauty products, so this looks like a perfect collection for me.
- Body Butter, 200 ml, £13/$20; and we all know that their body butters are divine!
- Shower Gel, 250ml, £4/$8
- Body Scrub, 200ml,
I have a new rule when it comes to beauty products, one out – one in (ok, maybe more than one in)! Meaning that I am allowed to buy new beauty products only after I finish some from those that I already have. This is why I get a bit excited when I see a new empty bottle in my bathroom.
I actually have some new items on the way to me, as I type. Can’t wait to try my them all!
I know that it’s not the end of Autumn yet, and there are still three weeks, but I have big doubts that I will finish anything else by the end of the month.
And by the way, here are Summer Empties. I’ve decided to do such features every season.
I really love bath oils, so, since I’ve used up two of my favourites Lavera Organic Wild Rose Bath Oil and Cowshed Lazy Cow Soothing Bath & Body Oil to the very last drop – I’ve already ordered some new ones, which are on their way to me.
Since I have very dry skin, I have to use body moisturizers, sometimes more than once a day, so I go through them quite quickly and this month I have finished the following products:
The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Body Butter. I think these butters don’t need any introduction and explanation, they are fantastic.
Aromatherapy Assosiates Enrich Body Serum. I never used a body serum before, and was excited to try such kind of product, as it makes sense to use serums/oils on the body before a cream just, as you would on the face. It works! Plus, as
Did you know that The Body Shop celebrate 21st anniversary of their famous body butters this year?
I did not know about it when I’ve added “citrus body butter from The Body Shop” on my Christmas wish list. This was the only beauty related product I’ve asked for!
And I was very happy to get a Pink Grapefruit one…
These body butters are loved by some many people and I am not an exception. I find that they are rich and moisturizing (with pink grapefruit seeds oil, cocoa and shea butters) without being greasy or oily. The product absorbs quickly, so I don’t have to wait for ages until I can get dressed.
I find that body butter does leave my skin smooth and soft for hours and I don’t need to use a lot of product, which is