It would make more sense to publish this feature before the affordable one but the fact is, it took me quite some time to think of the best items to include in this category because, I think, this is the category most people are interested in. So here we are, all items are under £50.
2. Viseart eyeshadow palettes, from Cult Beauty.
I like Viseart eye shadows, and there are quite a few to choose from which are under £50, the one shown is the latest release, Dark EDIT Eyeshadow Palette, £30.
3. BECCA Your Glow-To Glow Primer, Highlighter & Lip Kit, £30 from Space NK.
BECCA used to be one of my favourite brands, and while I don’t follow them that much after the company was sold to EL, I still like the good old gems from them. You get Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter in Champagne Pop, Backlight Priming Filter (15ml) and Ultimate Lipstick Love in Orchid as a part of the kit. And gotta love the festive packaging.
Skin and Body Care
4. Malin + Goetz New York Favourites , £49 from Space NK
M+G is such a beautiful brand, I have tried all the products from this set, and am a big fan of the shampoo and the candle.
You get: Full-size Peppermint Shampoo (236ml / 8 oz.), Full-size Bergamot Hand + Body Wash (250ml / 8.5 oz.), Travel-size Cilantro Conditioner (30ml / 1 oz.), Travel-size Vitamin B5 Body Moisturizer (30ml / 1 oz.) and Dark Rum Candle (67g / 2.35 oz.).
5. Lierac Skincare Sets from Amazon
Lierac has been truly a firm favourite lately, and I have been pleased with everything I’ve bought from them so would definitely recommend. Great result for a price that is not ridiculous.
6. Sol de Janeiro, from Cult Beauty. Carnaval Dreams, £36.
This is the beauty brand to lift your mood, especially in the middle of the winter. The colours, scents and performance. Worth the hype, if you ask me.
This set contains: Play Moisturising Shower Cream-Gel (90ml), full-size Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter (6.2g), mini Coco Cabana Cream (25ml) and, of course, the cult Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (75ml) .
Accessories + Perfumes
7. Diptyque, Is it even a Christmas gift guide without this brand? I’ve chosen Eau Rose Eau de Toilette 7.5ml Fragrance Gift Set for £38 from John Lewis. You get Eau Rose Eau de Toilette, 7.5ml, Rich Butter for the Body, 10ml and Roses Scented Candle, 35g. There is also a candle set but it is £60, so a bit out of our set budget.
9. R+ Co Products from here.
I’ve included the Vicious Strong Hold Flexible Hairspray 310ml, £24 juts because I absolutely love the look of it ( I have not tried it). However, if I had to choose a product based on performance – the Dallas shampoo is insanely good.
10. Aquis Hair Turban, £30 from Space NK and Look Fantastic. I’ve included this in my personal wish list, and wanted to include it here, as well. This seems like a great item to ask Father Christmas to bring you.
While a lot of people are obsessed with Dyson hair dryer, I could not justify spending that much so asked my friend, who had been a hair stylist for decades and works at Paris and Milan fashion weeks about a more alternative version, and she recommended Babyliss. I’ve bought mine about two years ago now, and could not be happier. The one I have is 6610DE but I am sure they now have even better options.