Tag: healthy eating
Today I would like to share about my experience with Dietbon diet ready made meals
I was sent a week’s worth of food, a manual and had a consultation with a certified dietitian. So here is all about my experience, and also a photo of every single meal I’ve had during the week.
First of all, I have to say that I was very impressed with the fact that you get a consultation with a dietitian. It’s a great opportunity for everyone to understand more about eating and Dietbon in particular. It is also brilliant to have some encouragement and reassurance that you are doing everything right.
Day 4. 5th of March: Chicken and Asparagus Risotto and Marinated Grilled Salmon with Mashed Courgettes. Tea and snacks.
I had a consultation with a lovely lady called Jenny, and, although I hate talking on the phone, especially with people I’ve never met before, it all went smoothly, and I’ve enjoyed our conversation.
Here are 3 tips from Jenny which I want to share:
- Drink water first thing in the morning. I actually do drink first thing in the morning but I usually have a herbal tea with a bit of honey.
- Drink more water in general, it is also a great thing to do when you come back from work (when you do; during the “normal times” not now) have a glass of water. A lot of people can’t tell the difference between thirst and hunger so doing that will help with not eating sugar and fast food, and will give you some time to think of what to cook.
- Don’t be very hard on yourself/don’t beat yourself up when you had a piece of chocolate or some crisps. Yes, and amen. I personally let myself eat everything, just in moderation. So when I really want some ice cream (ooh, ice cream, my love!), I will have some. This does not mean, however, that I will be eating it all day every day.
Dietbon Low Glycemic Index Bread. What I had for breakfast every day during a week. I’ve added a thin layer of butter, some cucumber and baby spinach.
What is Dietbon?
Dietbon is a diet plan using ready meals which are
My favourite kind was with lettuce as a base, tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumbers, some kind of seeds and cheese and mushrooms, grilled chicken or salmon. Usually with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
But there are so many variants and so many on my to-cook list. So, please, if you
This time it won’t be so detailed, as there were only four new dishes, that I haven’t featured before.
This week it took less time to prepare everything because I already knew how to cook most dishes, plus I have already bought almost all the ingredients, and organized everything. So I had to make only few grocery shopping trips, to buy some fresh fish or berries. And, yes, I did have free time this week.
At this point I really got used to such schedule, and didn’t miss or crave anything, like in the first week. I love how everything is organized, and I don’t have to worry about anything: what to buy for dinner, where to eat lunch etc.
Unfortunately, I had some major health issues (which I still need to take care of), so I did end up eating an ice cream to cheer myself up, which was cheating, obviously. Other than that, I enjoyed most of the meals a lot.
Speaking of ice-cream, that was probably the only thing that I really missed. Any other food? Maybe potatoes, as I love baked, roasted or mashed potatoes, mmm.
Here is the meal plan:
As promised, here is the non-beauty post for the weekend. And it will be part one out of four of my #CleanAndLean diary!
First things first. WHY?
- To be honest, for me it’s not about loosing weight, God knows I’ve struggled gaining weight. Yes, that can be a problem from some people, too. I used to be very skinny when I was younger, and nothing would change that. Plus I was always into sports [when I was younger], and there was a time when I would train with a coach for 2-3 hours at least 3 times per week.
- Being healthier is a great reason, but not the main one for me. The thing is that I eat pretty healthy already. Yes, I do have a pizza or ice-cream occasionally. But I am not a die-hard doughnuts or double cheeseburgers addict.
What is it then, you may ask?
I will be honest here, I