I used to be very anti-VDay when I was younger with all my nonconformism and all, but now I am more tolerant, and by that I mean that I would not necessarily do all the “traditional” things that you should do but I would not say no to a nice gesture. While I do think that you do not need a specific day to show love to your partner, I do not see why you can’t get a little (or a luxury; like moon magic) something for your loved one?
And this feature is not an ode to consumerism, I do not want to promote getting things for the sake of it. It took me a while to make the list. All of the products I am listing are the things that I personally really love, and would recommend. I’ve picked 14 products, very symbolic.
But before we get to that part I want to be selfish, and list the three (I kind of count eye liners as one) products that I personally would love to get.
Are you reading, husband, ahem?
Personal Wish List
- LE LABO Rose 31 – Eau De Parfum (from Cult Beauty, Net a Porter, Nordstrom, Selfridges,Harrods,Saks Liberty London).This is the scent I wore for my wedding day ( I had a little sample), and would love a bottle now. Please, and thank you. And I just think that fragrance is the best gift (as long as you know which one to get).
- SARAH CHAPMAN Skin Insurance SPF 30 (£49 from Cult Beauty and Net a Porter). I am not a big foundation wearer, so I usually wear some slightly tinted glowing primer and an SPF, so this product sounds like a dream. It is a slightly tinted and radiance enhancing SPF cream. And this being Skinesis, I’d expect exceptional quality.
- While I do not need a new eye liner now [I have a rule now where I do not get new products before I run out of at least one], but I have Pat McGrath Labs
Perma Precision Liquid Eyeliner (£26) and CHARLOTTE TILBURY The Feline Flick (£22) waiting for their turn.
- Dior Nail polish in Pandore (review). This is my red nail varnish of choice, gorgeous vibrant fiery red. And the Dior formula is insane, opaque, glossy and long lasting. Thumbs up!
- Red lipstick. There are so many to choose from, I would suggest one which comes in red packaging, too. So hot. I have a Chanel one, and I can’t get enough of it.
The Indie/Niche Heroes
I am always happy to support brands that are
There are always new foundations out for Spring, and SS19 is not an exception, there are at least 10 new launches I can think of, on top of my head. So I’ve decided to choose a few different ones just to give you an idea of what is coming out. All foundations are available in many different colours, except Chanel.
I haven’t tried any of these so I am providing the official descriptions.
Guerlain L’ESSENTIEL NATURAL GLOW FOUNDATION 16H WEAR
“Naturalness & make-up performance come together for the first time at Guerlain. A foundation made with 97% naturally-derived ingredients with a natural glow finish that lasts for 16 hours. The complexion is perfect, luminous and fresh. The comfortable texture becomes one with the skin, making it ideal for buildable coverage (light to medium)”
Not sure what I think of the quirky bottle but it definitely stands out, and the foundation sounds like something I personally would love.
HOURGLASS Vanish Seamless Finish Liquid Foundation (£56/$51)
“Weightless, instant full coverage is delivered through the formula’s innovative coated pigments – allowing for seamless application and long-wearing,second-skin adherence. A natural finish is delivered through light-refracting microspheres, blurring and
I am a huge fan of Emily Blunt, [I’ve watched the latest Mary Poppins just because of her], and actually posted a few of her makeup breakdowns in the past so am happy to share about her latest look from the SAG awards.
Here is a breakdown of the look which was posted by her make-up artist Jenn Streicher who used all Dior products on Emily.
I love the glowing skin, minimum eye makeup, and a bright pink lip which is matching her dress and nails. She looks glowing!
- DIOR Capture Totale Dreamskin Advanced
- DIOR FOREVER 24h wear high perfection skin-caring foundation
- DIOR Diorskin Forever Undercover Concealer
- DIOR Diorskin Nude Luminizer Shimmering Glow Powder
- DIOR BACKSTAGE Contour Palette
Since I already posted about my favourite makeup products of 2018, it is time for beauty!
I am in my (early) 30s, and I have very dry skin which requires a lot of attention so I take my skincare seriously. I am aware that all of the products I am going to mention are high end but every single one works incredible for my skin, and none was a press sample, which proves that I do have a very high opinion about them and am ready to invest.
I do not care for celebrities, unless it is Victoria Beckham, and very few other ones in which case, I pay very close attention to her/their beauty recommendations. In fact, someone I know who works for a big beauty brand told me that the Beckhams are among very few celebs who offer to pay for the samples they are sent. I’ve had very high expectations for this cleanser (and yes, partly because Mrs. B loves it), and it did not disappoint. Everything about the Ultimate Cleanse is pure luxury: from the packaging to the formula. Rich texture makes it easy to massage in, you get that at-home-spa feeling. And the result are fab! Clean and glowing skin without any tightness. There is only one problem, now I want everything from the brand.
This is very pricey product but after reading the most glorious reviews ( and waiting when there was a sale) I had to get it. And, seriously, this serum is
Who does not want a beautiful and gorgeous highlighter for the holidays season? The next few months will be mental for me in every area of life so I am really looking forward to the holidays, and the glow.
I’ve created a list of some of the highlighters that are on sale now, all of these are limited edition so don’t miss your chance to get them.
The High End Eye Candies
Subtle golden shimmer and Gabrielle Chanel’s personal emblem – a lion.
Dior Rouge Blush Midnight Wish, £34 from Selfridges
Beautiful glow and lots of little starts embossed.
Givenchy Mystic Glow Powder, $47 from Barneys
Ultra-fine mother-of-pearl with golden nuances. Can be used both wet and dry. And how cool is that star? I am still a big fan of the Givenchy highlighter I’ve got a few years ago.
A cream in stick highlighter with two shades which is easy and quick to use.
Lancome STARLIGHT SPARKLE LA ROSE A POUDRER, $60 from Macys
It comes in a a 50’s French-inspired Bijou box – traditionally meant to house loose powders. Can be used dry for a subtle highlight, or damp for